PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Pay Incentives To White and Guy Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk had a good deal based on incentives, correct? Which he came nowhere near getting. But, it's hard to overstate how important he was in the run game, especially late season. Wonder how the team addressed that?

removed yet another "White Guy" post.

Last edited:
I was just sitting here telling my wife how the Pats paid these incentives and at one point I said "James White and Guy.... uh..." and she came right out with "Lawrence".

Now I have mixed feelings, embarrassed for myself and the brain fart.... And man I love her.

How long before sports talk radio turns this into, "How do you think GRONK feels about them paying incentives to Laurence Guy but making him EARN his. Oh he's PISSED, MIKE!"

But Belichick the GM is holding ...... Belichick the Coach........ nevermind, my head exploded.

Paying guys who should have made bonus’s but lost out due to game situations makes all the sense in the world. If you want great team culture you reward taking the back seat for the greater good. And in this case both players outplayed their AAV.

How long before sports talk radio turns this into, "How do you think GRONK feels about them paying incentives to Laurence Guy but making him EARN his. Oh he's PISSED, MIKE!"

I’m sure it’s already begun, but Gronk wasn’t in the ballpark, where they are more of what would have happened. And don’t get me wrong, I don’t think they should be asking a Gronk to take a pay cut, and I don’t think they will, but he wasn’t close in the bonuses.

Thats not what I heard. I heard they paid deatrich wise and lawrence guy. Oh we got a real WISE GUY.

Kraft is cheap??

Wait until Felger hears about this.. there has to be a negative, anxiety producing part of this somewhere.

Edelman must have steam coming out of his ears
Doubt that Edelman would do this, because it just doesn’t seem to be his nature, but he has a lot of leverage right now to demand a better salary if he would be willing to hold out.

It wouldn’t be surprising if the Pats pre-emptively hand him a $2-3 million bonus because he deserves it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back