PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats not trading Garoppolo - Schefter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tebow was a very good college QB too. Also the seasoning doesn't matter a whole lot as this team has not had a great track record at developing quarterback talent.

Either way let's hope another team buys into all this hype - and lets us fleece them for a first round pick for JG. :D

I think developing Brady, Hoyer, Cassel, Mallett and Garropolo is a pretty damn good record, all still in the League. Yes they missed with Rohan and Kingbury but look at Browns 27 QB starter abysmal record.

If jimmy's not traded than that's like saying hey tom you have one more year left. I can't see how they sign jimmy next year. Get what you can now.

I think developing Brady, Hoyer, Cassel, Mallett and Garropolo is a pretty damn good record, all still in the League. Yes they missed with Rohan and Kingbury but look at Browns 27 QB starter abysmal record.

All those names other than Brady and Garoppolo are JAGs imo. There is always a place in the NFL for guys like that. I wouldn't use JAGs as examples of successful QB development.

Just on the Saints forum they seem to think that #12 pick would be for Brandon Cooks.

If that means the Pats keep Butler then wow. If they want Butler included then no way. IMHO.

All those names other than Brady and Garoppolo are JAGs imo. There is always a place in the NFL for guys like that. I wouldn't use JAGs as examples of successful QB development.

Serious question: Can you call Cassel a JAG when he didn't develop into a top QB in another system? I wonder if he would have developed into a better QB if had stayed here.

Just on the Saints forum they seem to think that #12 pick would be for Brandon Cooks.

I rather have that pick and select a talented wr. You have him for the next four years. You gonna have cooks for two years and then what?

If that means the Pats keep Butler then wow. If they want Butler included then no way. IMHO.

I would not make that deal unless i know that i am getting cooks for a long time. Meaning more than two years.

That's what I thought as well, they want to see how JB develops this offseason before they make the decision. I'm thinking this might end up being a draft day decision...

I would not make that deal unless i know that i am getting cooks for a long time. Meaning more than two years.

To be honest I'm just following along for the ride. That whole Butler Cooks situation is mind boggling to me. If all they wanted was the 12th pick for Cooks and we keep Butler it would be worth it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes