PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats' Defense - moving from ok to good, then from good to awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
This defense to me still hasnt improve like some have said.They are on the field alot and dont get many 3 and outs quickly.The back to back games against Pittsburg and Indy will tell us alot about our team.Those are superbowl contenders.

There's no question they've improved. They're giving up tons of fewer points and taking the ball away more. Moreover, they aren't getting as much help from the Pats' offense (NE's offense is scoring less, moving the ball worse, and possessing the ball for shorter lengths of time, all of which put more pressure on the defense) as they were early on, and they've played against better offenses than they did the first 3 games.

Those are all facts. It doesn't mean they suddenly can dominate against Pittsburgh or Indy. I suspect they're not yet ready for those challenges. But they *are* improving...there's really no objective way to deny that.

I know right?! I'm sick of watching jagoffs sit and bad mouth this awesome team by saying they have room to improve or need to be more consistant! Especially that A-hole Brady and his know-nothing buddy Belichick. They seem to say the same thing every week on how we need to improve and be more consistant and stuff. GOD! Why can't they just come out and admit they are the greatest EVAR!!#!$!

Maximum Pwnage

giffunny0.gif

Grade inflation through the whole timeline.

The defense didn't start out "OK", even as the team won (most games) despite it.

Directionally, of course, you're right.

Last edited:
I know right?! I'm sick of watching jagoffs sit and bad mouth this awesome team by saying they have room to improve or need to be more consistant! Especially that A-hole Brady and his know-nothing buddy Belichick. They seem to say the same thing every week on how we need to improve and be more consistant and stuff. GOD! Why can't they just come out and admit they are the greatest EVAR!!#!$!
How about a few hits from the bong? Perhaps some single malt scotch, as well.

Now if we could replace Wilhite on this defense I'd be a lot happier. I hate to say bad things on a particular player, but not at all happy when he is on the field.

"Pats' Defense - moving from ok to good, then from good to awesome"

Or not..... Unless you're a Brown's fan.

They were never close to awesome. now they have gone from barely adequate to one of the bottom five in the league. I will be happy with 2-2 over the next four.

Defense has been playing on air for 4 weeks, they were due for a letdown. Especially since the offense didn't give them any breaks.

Don't worry about it, the talent is there and this was to be expected. Bill will give them an ear full and a half this week. I still expect a win next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes