PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots worked out former New Mexico QB Austin Apodaca?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good enough. Don’t have to waste a pick finding Brady’s successor.

Incredible job Bill.

Has any team gone undefeated using 3 different QB's ?

I don't think so :D

I think his middle name is "Rolodex." :p

And this photo hints at McCarronesque questionable life choices:

maxresdefault.jpg

Camp competition. Etling sucks bad so he's probably heading to the practice squad.
so

what does that have to with wanting to bring in another camp arm

BTW, If Etling sucks, he IS NOT headed for the Practice Squad.

so

what does that have to with wanting to bring in another camp arm

BTW, If Etling sucks, he IS NOT headed for the Practice Squad.
I think Etling is headed to the PS no matter what.

There’s no way that he’s going to have an impressive enough TC to take Hoyer’s spot, which means that they’d have to be good with him occupying a PS spot in order to build on his performance.

I think Etling is headed to the PS no matter what.

There’s no way that he’s going to have an impressive enough TC to take Hoyer’s spot, which means that they’d have to be good with him occupying a PS spot in order to build on his performance.

If Etling is no good (that is, has no future with the patriots), why would we put him on the Practice Squad? I would think that we would look around and sign someone else.

If Etling is no good (that is, has no future with the patriots), why would we put him on the Practice Squad? I would think that we would look around and sign someone else.

Not being ready now doesn't necessarily preclude being ready in the future.

Not being ready now doesn't necessarily preclude being ready in the future.

It's not really a question of Etling being "ready".

Between now and the end of Camp, either Etling will show at least enough development potential to take over Hoyer's backup role in 2019 or 2020 - or he won't. If he doesn't, there's not much point to putting him on the Psquad.

OTOH, if he does, the Pats will almost certainly keep him on the 53-man, unless injury circumstances elsewhere on the roster are such that they need to risk getting him through waivers to the Psquad.

It's not really a question of Etling being "ready".

Between now and the end of Camp, either Etling will show at least enough development potential to take over Hoyer's backup role in 2019 or 2020 - or he won't. If he doesn't, there's not much point to putting him on the Psquad.

OTOH, if he does, the Pats will almost certainly keep him on the 53-man, unless injury circumstances elsewhere on the roster are such that they need to risk getting him through waivers to the Psquad.
Doesn't seem like pushing him through to the PS would be that big a risk. I mean, unless he completely kills it in preseason (which isn't likely). I doubt anyone else was even going to draft him.

Also, ready in this context meant ready to be on the 53 man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back