PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots UDFA signings

2nd and 3rd rounds are always a crapshoot (except OL in the second). Teams needs some luck throughout the entire draft, not just with UDFAs.
View attachment 43038

Most seem to think that the Ravens of the gold standard in terms of draft success, right?

Plus:
2nd Round - 2010 / LB Sergio Kindle
2nd Round - 2010 / DT Terrence Cody

Some here have a very myopic view of the draft. Even the most competent scouting departments and front offices regularly swing and miss on day 2 and 3.

Why don’t you list the good DB’s Belichick drafted in the 2nd round.

2020 - Duggar - could possibly be a player, but the jury is still out.

Now here we go….

JoeJuan Williams
Duke Dawson
Cyrus Jones
Jordan Richards
Tavon Wilson
Ras-I Dowling
Darius Butler
Terrence Wheatley

Possibly if Duggar turns out ok
1 for 9 ?

Koolaid Drinkers point out that Jordan Richards was in the league 7 years.

No interceptions
101 total tackles in 7 seasons is less than 1 per game.

Yep and that's a problem. Unless you are trained, you are going to eff up the numbers. It amazes me that few folks even notice anomalies like "DL success percentage: 4th rnd @37% > 3rd rnd @27% > 2nd rnd @26%" let alone care about the implications. When you care about the math behind numbers, it's hard to communicate with people who don't.

Here you go @jah. You were asking what I think pedantic means. The above is a pretty good example.

Why don’t you list the good DB’s Belichick drafted in the 2nd round.

Now here we go….

JoeJuan Williams
Duke Dawson
Cyrus Jones
Jordan Richards
Tavon Wilson
Ras-I Dowling
Darius Butler
Terrence Wheatley

1 for 9 ?

Koolaid Drinkers point out that Jordan Richards was in the league 7 years.

No interceptions
101 total tackles in 7 seasons is less than 1 per game.

Hmm.. Let's see. Per usual you post up and can't be bothered with ALL the facts.
His name is DUGGER, not DuggAr.

You forgot Patrick Chung. You forgot Eugene Wilson.

3 of 11 is better than the BS 1 of 9 you're peddling. But you've shown you never let facts get in the way of your attacks on Belichick or the fans who offer up opinions that show yours to be the farce they are.

Darius Butler was a solid pro, who ended up being a starter with the Colts. Elite athlete. 4.4 with 43 inch vert. BB probably gave up on him too early.

Last edited:
Here you go @jah. You were asking what I think pedantic means. The above is a pretty good example.
Do you even understand what I was talking about? You are not even curious about why 4th round DL picks are more successful than 2nd round picks in the data you posted? I get that you don't care, but your insult suggest a deeper problem. Just Ignore me and move on.

BTW I think the appropriate adjective you want is "didactic" -- and THAT is a pedantic sentence.

Hmm.. Let's see. Per usual you post up and can't be bothered with ALL the facts.
His name is DUGGER, not DuggAr.

You forgot Patrick Chung. You forgot Eugene Wilson.

3 of 11 is better than the BS 1 of 9 you're peddling. But you've shown you never let facts get in the way of your attacks on Belichick or the fans who offer up opinions that show yours to be the farce they are.

You couldn’t show up anyone, being the Koolaid drinker you are.
Belichick is 3 for his last 11 second round picks of DB’s

3 of 11 is also terrible !

Wilson didn’t last long & Chung was subpar until we got him back after he Left Philly, but by all means…. Give them your Koolaid hug.

Last edited:
2nd and 3rd rounds are always a crapshoot (except OL in the second). Teams needs some luck throughout the entire draft, not just with UDFAs.
View attachment 43038

Most seem to think that the Ravens of the gold standard in terms of draft success, right?

Plus:
2nd Round - 2010 / LB Sergio Kindle
2nd Round - 2010 / DT Terrence Cody

Some here have a very myopic view of the draft. Even the most competent scouting departments and front offices regularly swing and miss on day 2 and 3.

2nd round DB’s are 46%
3 for his last 11 DB’s picks in rd#2 have been busts.

Not exactly 46% is it?

Last edited:
2nd round DB’s are 46%
1 for his last 9 DB’s have been busts.
Not exactly 46% is it?
Jeez, you think you can conclude anything statistical from 9 picks? It's just noise.

Belichick is 1 for his last 9 second round picks of DB’s

8 busts out of his last 9 DB’s picked in the 2nd round.

Wilson didn’t last long & Chung was subpar until we got him back after he Left Philly, but by all means…. Give them the Koolaid hug.
Have you considered consulting a thesaursus to find another insult other than Kool aid drinker?

Jeez, you think you can conclude anything statistical from 9 picks? It's just noise.

I concluded that Belichick is not good at drafting DB’s in Round#2

Last edited:

Duggar led our team in solo tackles last season, he was second in total tackles but probably would have owned that stat as well had he not missed a game. He was second on the team in interceptions and first in interception return yards... 5th in the entire NFL in INT return yards.

The jury is not out, they've come back... the kid is a stud. Give us a break.

Have you considered consulting a thesaursus to find another insult other than Kool aid drinker?
He defines Koolaid drinkers

I have a few other names, but I am not allowed to say it here.

The last few pages of this thread are so damn good if you read it with the voices of ol skool WWF promo vids.

Belichick is 3 for his last 11 second round picks of DB’s

Wilson didn’t last long & Chung was subpar until we got him back after he Left Philly, but by all means…. Give them your Koolaid hug.

You're so full of garbage it's pathetic. I absolutely destroyed your asinine take on the Patriots WRs and I just showed you to be talking out your arse here.

Chung was NOT Subpar. FFS.

Like I said. You call people Kool-Aid drinkers because the FACTS don't support your BS. You're worse than a Pink Hat.,

I've rather be Obsequious than an abject pissant who is incapable of stringing together two cogent thoughts. Considering your inability to correctly assess ANY sort of talent, you saying someone like myself is Obsequious would be a compliment.

You're so full of garbage it's pathetic. I absolutely destroyed your asinine take on the Patriots WRs and I just showed you to be talking out your arse here.

Chung was NOT Subpar. FFS.

Like I said. You call people Kool-Aid drinkers because the FACTS don't support your BS. You're worse than a Pink Hat.,

I've rather be Obsequious than an abject pissant who is incapable of stringing together two cogent thoughts. Considering your inability to correctly assess ANY sort of talent, you saying someone like myself is Obsequious would be a compliment.

You are a pathetic obsequious Belichick ball washer.

Anyone who doesn’t think Belichick is bad at drafting DB’s in the second round has
Zero credibility

That’s you …. Lol

You are a pathetic obsequious Belichick ball washer.

Anyone who doesn’t think Belichick is bad at drafting DB’s in the second round has
Zero credibility

That’s you …. Lol

Like I said. Your statements are a compliment considering your inabilities. Come back when you know what facts are and have learned to give cogent arguments..

Like I said. Your statements are a compliment considering your inabilities. Come back when you know what facts are and have learned to give cogent arguments..

I will come back any time I feel like it …
Your a big nothing & you have zero influence or credibility

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back