PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots UDFA signings

Bummer. Those two seemed like two of the
more interesting signings this year. Shows you what I know.
King isn't athletic enough to play any position other than QB, and isn't good enough to play QB.

As for Hafford, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. He could be signed and re-signed three more times before camp begins. This is the time of year to kick the tires on free agents and see what each of them has. It wouldn't surprise me to see him back.

King isn't athletic enough to play any position other than QB, and isn't good enough to play QB.
I'm fairly open-minded when it comes to draft picks and UDFA's but this one I didn't get at all. His 3-cone is too slow and he's not an NFL caliber QB....even I could see that. Sometimes I think BB is pulling a Red Auerbach...intentionally making an example of someone so others on the team see that and get in line. Otherwise I don't get this one.

Last edited:
I'm fairly open-minded when it comes to draft picks and UDFA's but this one I didn't get at all. His 3-cone is too slow and he's not an NFL caliber QB....even I could see that. Sometimes I think BB is pulling a Red Auerbach...intentionally making an example of someone so others on see that and get in line. Otherwise I don't get this one.

I agree. I looked at his stats and film and he did not look like a NFL prospect to me either. He had a great college career, more than I can say, but never understood the "next level" invitation.

I'm fairly open-minded when it comes to draft picks and UDFA's but this one I didn't get at all. His 3-cone is too slow and he's not an NFL caliber QB....even I could see that. Sometimes I think BB is pulling a Red Auerbach...intentionally making an example of someone so others on the team see that and get in line. Otherwise I don't get this one.

Zuma - Who were you referencing? D'Eriq King? Pats were using him at WR, not QB based on the pictures.

Zuma - Who were you referencing? D'Eriq King? Pats were using him at WR, not QB based on the pictures.
Yes I agree. I mentioned 3-cone because they were trying him at WR as you said. Was thinking probably in the slot but he is not quick.

Yes I agree. I mentioned 3-cone because they were trying him at WR as you said. Was thinking probably in the slot but he is not quick.
Yes, he was versatile. Equally unathletic at multiple positions.

Kody Russey​

Center

Kody Russey Contract Details and Salary

Free Agency: 2025 (RFA)​

Accrued Seasons: 0​

• Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 301
  • College: Houston
  • Entry: 2022 Undrafted Free Agent (Patriots)
  • 2022 Salary Cap Charge: $715,000 (0.34% of cap)
  • 2022 Cash Payout: $735,000 (0.37% of spending)
  • 2022 Cash to Cap Ratio: 1.03
  • Contract Value: $2,590,000 ($863,333 APY)
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $180,000 Russey got a $30,000 signing bonus and a $150,000 salary guarantee. Looks like he’s the leader in the clubhouse for the UDFA most likely to make the 53 main roster.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back