PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots UDFA signings

I question whether his need to be right is more important to him than a Patriot’s victory. And even in those Patriot’s victories, he’s attacking 90% of the team’s players an coaching staff.
Neither a patriots victory nor being right is important to the cap, After all, for him he is the only judge of what is right.

He makes outlandish posts, occasionally with a grain of truth. If folks respond, he is "happy". It is attention that is important.

Last edited:
why do you hate me so much, Ross? I only troll 90% of the time....OK, 95%...but that doesn't make me such a bad guy
You’re not a troll at all Joker :) just an interesting “character”

The good Captain hates everyone, he isn’t a troll. He is just old and crotchety!

@MODS -Can we finally admit that Stone is just a troll and banish him for the betterment of the board?
I agree with very little that the Captain says, but I nonetheless think he is a sort of treasure here because of his creative wit. He's sort of BB's court jester, always taking the extreme negative positions but in an entertaining way. Also I note that he rarely if ever is rude to other posters, even in the face of provocation. The folks I put on ignore are the a**h*le vicious trolls, of whom there are here far too many. But the Captain is polite, entertaining, funny and clever in his viciousness towards Billy GOAT. I look forward to his posts.

Unless and until some of the above are signed here, then sorry not sorry but my original post stands... Although I am rooting for Liam Shanahan for obvious reasons.
Your original post was garbage and you continue to show an inability to show an even rudimentary understanding of what it means to build a football team.

Every one of the guys you mentioned signed with other teams. With the exception of maybe McCall, none of the guys you mentioned were going to help the Patriots THIS year. And that includes Diesch. The fact you're whining the way you are is atrocious. You're not a fan of the Pats. You're not even a whiny pink hat. You're a pathetic troll.

Only 8 UDFAs. How many spots left on the roster?

LaBryan Ray was a very productive player who unfortunately kept getting injured. That's a hard trait to fix, but if he does it, he could be an interesting addition.

I have them at 88 players... but they could cut some practice squad fat if they wanted to sign some vet free agents.

Thanks - my Google search did not find that info. I think there are a few invites (Tippett's kid) they might sign but more likely they are planning on a few FAs. Let's hope. Seems like a good team missing a couple of Dlinemen, and then we have to cross our fingers with the young LBs and CBs. I believe Mac will start directing the offense and we will be OK on offense.

Thanks - my Google search did not find that info. I think there are a few invites (Tippett's kid) they might sign but more likely they are planning on a few FAs. Let's hope. Seems like a good team missing a couple of Dlinemen, and then we have to cross our fingers with the young LBs and CBs. I believe Mac will start directing the offense and we will be OK on offense.
I included all the UDFA’s in there, but I may be off by one player or so.

They have a very good team if the young players brought in over the past three years show up and contribute. They need some of these guys to produce.

I don’t think Tippett’s kid makes the roster, it’s a feel good story and all but he’s just not a good athlete.

So where's Slade Bolden, Josh Jobe, or even Chris Allen from Alabama?

Kellen Diesch for the Left side?

Mario Goodrich, Jermaine Waller for CBDepth? Isn't this where Bill finds us his CBs, in the UDFA market?

Jeremiah the Bullfrog Moon or The Jeffrey Gunter as edge candidates?

Mike Rose, Jack Sanborn, Aaron Hansford or Sterling Weatherford since no LBs were drafted?

Kevin Austin, Charleston Rambo, or maybe Justyn Ross for WR competition?

How about Noah Elliss or Marquand McCall for the Beef Curtain?

Unless and until some of the above are signed here, then sorry not sorry but my original post stands... Although I am rooting for Liam Shanahan for obvious reasons.

I noticed the kid from Brown didn't sign here either...

It will never happen, but I would love to see a Patriots rookie training camp video in the eyes of a Pats UDFA. We have done well with UDFA & struck gold in Butler & Jackson.

Appreciate the info posted in this thread.

It will never happen, but I would love to see a Patriots rookie training camp video in the eyes of a Pats UDFA. We have done well with UDFA & struck gold in Butler & Jackson.

Appreciate the info posted in this thread.

Butler and Jackson are but 2 of the more recent UDFA. Dave Andrews, Mike Wright, Adam Butler, Randall Gay, etc, etc.

Butler and Jackson are but 2 of the more recent UDFA. Dave Andrews, Mike Wright, Adam Butler, Randall Gay, etc, etc.

True, but with Belichick’s history of 2nd round DB busts, we have done better picking DB’s as free agents than in the 2nd round.

True, but with Belichick’s history of 2nd round DB busts, we have done better picking DB’s as free agents than in the 2nd round.
Which should tell you that's just numerological superstition caused by bad luck with 2nd rounders and good luck with UDFA's. There is no credible mechanism to cause BB to be bad picking 2nd round DB's yet good with UDFA DB's. Few folks are intuitively good with statistical probability and are too quick to see patterns in noise. Anyway, most of your fellow believers have moved on from "BB is bad at picking 2nd round DB's" to "BB is bad at picking 2nd round CB's" -- all because of Dugger's success.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back