PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp - Tuesday August 2

Love to see Thornton pan out. Outside Mitchell (rip his short career), we've been hurting for a solid WR draft pick to stick.

Here's to a solid camp and career for the kid as a Patriot.

It does not matter. We need a TE3 and maybe a TE4. What Asiasi has done since drafted is immaterial, we have to someone to back up Henry and Smith. It will be Asiasi or another, plus most likely Keene or another. Right now I do not see "or another" walking through that door.
I think we need more then 2 especially with no FB.

I want Thornton, Aghaloe and Bourne to each have 1000 yards this season, Henry to have 600 and Smith to have 500, amd Meyers to 700 yards. Then the misc yards from the other recievers. Rham to also rush for 1000 yards. Only then will I be happy
With 17 games available Zappe might get his 6,000 yards

Anyone have memory on Trent Brown last year? I'm trying to remember where his weakness was, because if it's on the standup and position (before contact and holding ground), I have to wonder if him losing weight is going to help him out a lot. Seems like he's quick to get up and he's still a mountain so the lost weight didn't hurt his best impression of a brick wall.
His weakness is his calf muscles.

I must repeat, his name is literally Spanish or Italian or something for "so so." Thus far, so-so has been a stretch goal. But sure, okay, maybe now he's got the fear of God in him. Or at least Godchaux.

Who gets the TDs? And to stay realistic Mac only has 50 to spread around.
You get a touchdown, I get a touchdown. Everybody gets a touchdown

Whose the best player on the patriots roster right now?

Mac Jones' strength is supposed to be his cerebral game. The Patriots are switching to an offense that, compared to what was there, minimizes the cerebral game of the QB. And they're doing it without having anyone who's run that system before.

thats-a-bold-move-cotton-gif-5.gif

Mac Jones' strength is supposed to be his cerebral game. The Patriots are switching to an offense that, compared to what was there, minimizes the cerebral game of the QB. And they're doing it without having anyone who's run that system before.

thats-a-bold-move-cotton-gif-5.gif
You know this for sure? They've run zone blocking before. They are probably bringing elements of that game without removing Mac's strengths. I would say they are trying to play more to his capabilities with the offense change

Anyone have memory on Trent Brown last year? I'm trying to remember where his weakness was, because if it's on the standup and position (before contact and holding ground), I have to wonder if him losing weight is going to help him out a lot. Seems like he's quick to get up and he's still a mountain so the lost weight didn't hurt his best impression of a brick wall.
His weakness is his calf muscles.
His weakn is his appetite. Read where he was over 400 a couple of seasons ago. No wonder his calf muscles aren’t up to the load. Slimming down to 365 will be good for him,

plus he was playing out of position last year at RT. Remember first time he was with the Patriots he earned a huge payday for his play at LT in a Lombardi winning season.

TE3, maybe. TE4, why?

2 TE is also not that far fetched. The Patriots have done it before, even in the Gronk era when the position was heavily used. Teams do it every year.

Never say never. We will see how many TEs the Pats keep. I guess 3, and 4 would not surprise me.

If we keep 2 TEs and 1 gets hurt how do we run our two TE offensive plays? Henry or Smith will likely miss some time thru the course of the season.

Patriots have signed LB - Nate Wieland. UDFA out of NAIA Grandview University

"The Iowa City native was a three-year letterman and former quarterback who redshirted at the University of Iowa before transferring to Iowa Western Community College. He finished at NAIA Grand View University in Des Moines, where first-team All-American honors were earned in the spring of 2021."

Wieland is a former Dual Threat QB who switched to LB.

10: 1.62
20: 2.67

" For someone who almost weighs 240 pounds and stands at just over 6’1”, his speed was extremely evident, as he would’ve not only weighed-in as the 5th heaviest linebacker, but he also would’ve run the fastest 40 yard dash and had the 7th highest vertical jump for inside linebackers at the 2021 NFL Combine."

I'd say that trade up last year for Barmore is looking pretty, pretty good right now!!!!
That draft in general is looking pretty good right now! Whether the 2022 draft is as good remains to be seen, but seems doubtful.

Everyone has their dark horse, mine is JJ Taylor. I know Rham is improving his pass catching skills, everyone seems high on Monty, Strong looks like he could be good, but James White has always been one of my favorites and when we signed Taylor last year he seemed cut from the same cloth as Meggett, Faulk and Sweet Feet.

Crowded RB room this year, which is nice, but I'm pulling for JJ. So far tho', pretty quite.

Everyone has their dark horse, mine is JJ Taylor. I know Rham is improving his pass catching skills, everyone seems high on Monty, Strong looks like he could be good, but James White has always been one of my favorites and when we signed Taylor last year he seemed cut from the same cloth as Meggett, Faulk and Sweet Feet.

Crowded RB room this year, which is nice, but I'm pulling for JJ. So far tho', pretty quite.
I think Fears and the coaching staff loved JJ last year. But it didn't quite translate to the field and it looks like he has a tough road to the 53 this year.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back