PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Monday August 8th

Greg Bedard (I didn't ask for him permission, but he offers good information).

"All NFL teams have the option of, basically, going to a 56-man roster for the first month or two with three practice squad spots available for those that either pass through waivers or veterans who avoid them entirely."
This was what I saw as well, which is why I said Hoyer to the PS was a no brainer.

I truly don't remember...was there even a so-called tune-up game last year? Weren't several starters on either offense or defense held out of every preseason contest or am I just getting that old now?
Last year was screwy with covid, what traditionally would have been the game for starters to play for a half was delayed... from what I can recall, though I might be confusing the last two offseason's.

This was what I saw as well, which is why I said Hoyer to the PS was a no brainer.

It's the cap loss this year with Hoyer. Over 2 million.

That's why Hoyer got the guarantee.

It's the cap loss this year with Hoyer. Over 2 million.

That's why Hoyer got the guarantee.
I get it, simply think he'll stick around on the PS unless someone makes him a stupid offer to leave.

So maybe the offense finds a groove sometime in october?

On the optimistic side (crossing fingers), the defense balls out until we have a semblance of an offense.

I think he mis-typed. He meant to say ... "Patriots are letting their Defensive scout team go live in one of the final periods of practice against Starting Offense. Seeing some full-on tackling. Foxboro High walk-ons are really bringing it"

Last edited:
So maybe the offense finds a groove sometime in october?

On the optimistic side (crossing fingers), the defense balls out until we have a semblance of an offense.

In this division in this conference you can’t dig yourelf into a hole right out of the gate. Yes they did it last year and came out of it but everyone who was honest recognized the fortunate breaks we got playing teams with key injuries to their best players every week in the middle chunk of the season.

I could see Bill rostering this guy just for that, for special teams alone. Jake Bequette all over again...

I truly don't remember...was there even a so-called tune-up game last year? Weren't several starters on either offense or defense held out of every preseason contest or am I just getting that old now?

I don't think it matters any longer. I mean last year...right up to week 1...Cam was taking reps with the 1s the entire pre-season....then BOOM he's cut and Mac is the week 1 starter...

Also, there's joint practices...which in the past...BB had starters take reps...then rested them for pre-season games....

When even the pompom wavers like Daniels are saying the offense sucks, boy...

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back