PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Monday August 8th

So quick question will Preseason Game Two be the tune up game??
I truly don't remember...was there even a so-called tune-up game last year? Weren't several starters on either offense or defense held out of every preseason contest or am I just getting that old now?

jim-carrey-throw-up.gif

Looks like Stevie is schooling Patricia….

Will we see 1st team O play more than a half this Thu?

They can't be moving another vet CB. Mills, JJ, and the safeties are the reason I thought we'd still be a good secondary without JC. Mitchell has been better than I expected but even still I'd rather not move anyone.
(And yet, they always do... and we usually do survive it)
It sounded like Slow-Quan Williams is making some plays in camp too Fourth year breakout??
I thought he was Slow-juan. All quans other than Tyquan are by default slow-quan. :D
He's got a "Get off my lawn" thing going on there
You needed to be in a structure enclosed on 3 sides. Hey-o!

Not reading too much into it, but my heart raced slightly on seeing Thornton not in the returners group. If he's seen the last of his ST work would that be something you can kremlin-watch into a statement that he's going to stick as a pure receiver right out of the gate? (Based on the first few minutes of one Monday in camp...)

I love all the great reports on him. It's just plain good to see--same with Agholar's route-running. Now hopefully we can get on with the Bailey Zappe era we all know is coming. I kid.

Other than O line I'm all irrationally exuberant. I mean, unless the D isn't as solid as I think. Or the receivers only look good against our DBs... or... or...

Anyway, thanks for these reports

Where did you see that it was only for 3 veterans and only for the first few weeks?

I know that the PS is still at 16. I know that they are allowed to have 3 veterans of more than 3 years experience. They rest have to meet the 3 year rule.

Greg Bedard (I didn't ask for him permission, but he offers good information).

"All NFL teams have the option of, basically, going to a 56-man roster for the first month or two with three practice squad spots available for those that either pass through waivers or veterans who avoid them entirely."

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back