PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Monday August 8th

Good stuff from Reiss: The only name I'm a little surprised at is Wade, thought he was making plays.

I definitely remember hearing a few times about Wade making some plays, although even if he's good, it's going to be hard to find room for him.

Good stuff from Reiss: The only name I'm a little surprised at is Wade, thought he was making plays.

And no McMillan. Hasn’t he been getting some first team reps along with Bentley and Mack Wilson?

Other guys I perceive as having exceeded expectations: Thornton, Godchaux, LaBryan Ray
Not meeting expectations: Mac, Onwenu, Uche

I definitely remember hearing a few times about Wade making some plays, although even if he's good, it's going to be hard to find room for him.

Recently he's been getting beat and has moved down the depth chart.

And no McMillan. Hasn’t he been getting some first team reps along with Bentley and Mack Wilson?

Other guys I perceive as having exceeded expectations: Thornton, Godchaux, LaBryan Ray
Not meeting expectations: Mac, Onwenu, Uche
Ray is a great one..... I agree with you on Onwenu, but I think it's more of the new system. I think Mac and Uche are fine.

From Reiss himself:

I feel like that reply does not entirely square with Reiss' initial tweet saying Wade is not living up to expectations. Hmm. Not sure where the disconnect is.

I'm more bummed to hear Perkins and McGrone are not showing much, that is disappointing; could really benefit from one or both of those guys making big contributions.

I think Asiasi has make more plays then in previous camps.

I feel like that reply does not entirely square with Reiss' initial tweet saying Wade is not living up to expectations. Hmm. Not sure where the disconnect is.

I'm more bummed to hear Perkins and McGrone are not showing much, that is disappointing; could really benefit from one or both of those guys making big contributions.
On the other side though Jennings is having a great camp and so is Mack Wilson which have kind of reduced the workload of both Perkins and McGrone.

I wanted Perkins and McGrone to take steps forward too, because it's always good to see young guys do it (good stories, better in the long run for the team, etc).

But going into camp, we really needed 2/3 of Wilson, McMillan, and McGrone to step up inside next to Bentley, and 2/3 of Uche, Jennings, and Perkins to step up opposite Judon. As long as that's happening in the end, which 2 doesn't really matter. What worries me more about Perkins, is we haven't really heard much about Uche either... if neither is ready for a bigger role, Judon is going to have to carry too big a load, IMO.

It’s going to be difficult for Hightower to come back and play (If he wanted to) for the Pats with the recent good play of the LB’s. It’s early but I like what’s happening so far there.

On the other side though Jennings is having a great camp and so is Mack Wilson which have kind of reduced the workload of both Perkins and McGrone.

If Jennings can effectively fill the same role as Perkins, great, that's a wash. Still would like to see a young, athletic ILB crop up, and right now McGrone seems to be the only candidate on the roster (I'm not including McMillian since he's a vet, but by all accounts having a good camp and I'm looking forward to seeing him play). Still a lot of time to go for McGrone, though, only the first couple weeks of August.

Edit: On further thought, I guess the Winovich/Wilson swap effectively makes Wilson the equivalent to a young draft pick, so we can call that a wash with McGrone, too.

Cool. Good news.

If Jennings can effectively fill the same role as Perkins, great, that's a wash. Still would like to see a young, athletic ILB crop up, and right now McGrone seems to be the only candidate on the roster (I'm not including McMillian since he's a vet, but by all accounts having a good camp and I'm looking forward to seeing him play). Still a lot of time to go for McGrone, though, only the first couple weeks of August.

Edit: On further thought, I guess the Winovich/Wilson swap effectively makes Wilson the equivalent to a young draft pick, so we can call that a wash with McGrone, too.

Cool. Good news.
Uche is supposedly having a good camp as well and getting a bunch of reps in coverage which hopefully portends a more everydown LB role for him.

McGrone is essentially a rookie, he has to show up on coverage teams and other ST’s units.

Would it be because Wade has been bumped to slot duty, which is covered by Jon Jones, who is presumably the lock? Was Wade expected to be an outside CB? If so, maybe that's to what he was speaking.

Again, this is contingent on if Wade was expected to play outside the slot. I don't really know much about him.

Would it be because Wade has been bumped to slot duty, which is covered by Jon Jones, who is presumably the lock? Was Wade expected to be an outside CB? If so, maybe that's to what he was speaking.

Again, this is contingent on if Wade was expected to play outside the slot. I don't really know much about him.
The consensus is Wade operates better out of the slot than on the outside.

Jones is not not a lock because of the pot'l cap savings if hes moved.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back