PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp - Friday Night August 5th

Since Onwenu has been in the league, every year he has either had a new position on the line and / or a different blocking scheme.

Last edited:
He's an idiot.
Not really. The team has been rotating Hambright in at RG with the first team during camp sometimes. If anyone's an idiot, it's whatever coach hates Onwenu so much.

Every report says the offense has been sluggish.

It seems there is pressure on Mac or a pass is being batted down consistently all practice, every practice.

Who is not doing their job on the OL?

Perhaps it starts with communication which is the reason they gave last year for replacing Onwenu with Karras.
I'm a pretty optimistic person so I think it's just adjusting to change.

I hesitate to blame the OL too as I don't think the issues are limited to 11 on 11. I've read stuff during 7 on 7 when the line is working on the other field.

The new and improved Mac arm strength took this play off I guess
And his hyped cerebral decision making as well

Not really. The team has been rotating Hambright in at RG with the first team during camp sometimes. If anyone's an idiot, it's whatever coach hates Onwenu so much.
I understand how they are emphasizing more mobility in the zone blocking scheme but to your point Big Mike is a superior talent to the backups and it's not close

I understand how they are emphasizing more mobility in the zone blocking scheme but to your point Big Mike is a superior talent to the backups and it's not close
Could it be this is an example of individual talent being at odds with team performance?

I don’t know, but discussion about possible communication issues could be suggesting that’s the case.

I’m hearing Jennings has the inside track so far over Uche which doesn’t shock me.

Last edited:
I hesitate to blame the OL too as I don't think the issues are limited to 11 on 11. I've read stuff during 7 on 7 when the line is working on the other field.

Interesting, I've read it's mostly 11V11, and the stats I've seen back this up.

I’m hearing Jennings has the inside track so far over Uche which doesn’t shock me.
Jennings has had a really good camp so far. He is not only making the team, but probably going to be looked upon as someone that will contribute. Uche will probably be used as a third down pass rusher.

Last edited:
Anyone got X's and O's on what plays the offense is running in the RZ? That was a big weakness last year. Could often go the length of the field, would collapse near the RZ (iirc).

Overreaction IMHO. Training camp is exactly when you’d want them to be trying different combinations to see what works in case of injury. Wynn and Brown in particular have gone down regularly

Ha no. Thank god they dropped out of dance class and picked up soccer, softball and track.
Spoken like a true Dad. I know, I've also got a teenaged daughter.

Looks like both Jennings and LaBryan Ray are making a strong challenge for positions on the 53 man roster.

I agree 100 percent. Ray has looked so much better than the few days he was healthy at alabama!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back