PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

Patriots Training Camp - Friday Night August 5th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Every report says the offense has been sluggish.

It seems there is pressure on Mac or a pass is being batted down consistently all practice, every practice.

Who is not doing their job on the OL?

Perhaps it starts with communication which is the reason they gave last year for replacing Onwenu with Karras.
I'm a pretty optimistic person so I think it's just adjusting to change.

I hesitate to blame the OL too as I don't think the issues are limited to 11 on 11. I've read stuff during 7 on 7 when the line is working on the other field.

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
The new and improved Mac arm strength took this play off I guess
And his hyped cerebral decision making as well

RobertWeathers

Author of the Port Huron Statement
Not really. The team has been rotating Hambright in at RG with the first team during camp sometimes. If anyone's an idiot, it's whatever coach hates Onwenu so much.
I understand how they are emphasizing more mobility in the zone blocking scheme but to your point Big Mike is a superior talent to the backups and it's not close

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I understand how they are emphasizing more mobility in the zone blocking scheme but to your point Big Mike is a superior talent to the backups and it's not close
Could it be this is an example of individual talent being at odds with team performance?

I don’t know, but discussion about possible communication issues could be suggesting that’s the case.

TheRainMaker

Voted most handsome by my mother
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I’m hearing Jennings has the inside track so far over Uche which doesn’t shock me.

Last edited:

Vindicate

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Anyone got X's and O's on what plays the offense is running in the RZ? That was a big weakness last year. Could often go the length of the field, would collapse near the RZ (iirc).

AQPE

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Overreaction IMHO. Training camp is exactly when you’d want them to be trying different combinations to see what works in case of injury. Wynn and Brown in particular have gone down regularly