PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp Day 17 (8/24) NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turnover-worthy plays have been fairly low. That's a good sign, agreed. This is his first taste with/against the first team for the duration of the practice. I'll cut him some slack, unless it becomes a trend. Let's hope he rises to the challenge quickly!
I agree, let’s see how he progresses vs our #1’s and the Giant’s #1’s. If he improves from today, which was by no means a HORRIBLE performance, then it’s time to get really excited.

Mac wasn’t as maccurate today, but it’s cool. It’s his first time out there against consistent quality defenses. He shall overcome. I can’t wait until he develops/improves his lower body strength & mechanics. Get better every day..

Turnover-worthy plays have been fairly low. That's a good sign, agreed. This is his first taste with/against the first team for the duration of the practice. I'll cut him some slack, unless it becomes a trend. Let's hope he rises to the challenge quickly!
He needs to get up to speed. Mac always bounces back and usually doesn't make the same mistake. Lets see how he does tomorrow.

To think that BB & Co. have to go through such clandestine lengths to test out Mac as a potential starter is crazy.
This makes me wonder how much pressure they're getting from other places about how they "relieve" Cam...

To think that BB & Co. have to go through such clandestine lengths to test out Mac as a potential starter is crazy.
This makes me wonder how much pressure they're getting from other places about how they "relieve" Cam...
They're setting up a medical appointment in Europe even as we speak.

Just curious what these "other places" might be...?

Mac has stated he is working on NFL windows as opposed to college. He is testing where to throw in relation to college and seeing what works and what doesn’t. If that’s what happened today then it’s all good to me.

I think we can agree, just from an eye test, Cam looks better than last year. He seems to have improved his footwork, and because of that, he’s more accurate downfield. I have no problem with him being the #1 unless Mac truly takes it away from him. If Mac can go from 55% to 65% or higher against the #1s, then he makes it incredibly hard on Belichick when it comes to his decision.

’m the biggest Mac Jones fan there is, and I would still say 17-31 is not exactly sharp, only 55% completion %. If he wants to win the #1 job, that isn’t gonna cut it. I like that apparently he didn’t throw any INTs. I think only 3 or 4 INTs during training camp so far. I remember guys throwing 3 picks in one practice.
I would look for greater context given it was the first time he's played with a lot of these players in a competitive setting. Let's see what a couple days of this looks like before making either claim good or bad so there is trend data.

Mac wasn’t as maccurate today, but it’s cool. It’s his first time out there against consistent quality defenses. He shall overcome. I can’t wait until he develops/improves his lower body strength & mechanics. Get better every day..
Love this!

Mac will be named starter soon.

Rham will vulture goal line carries this year at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST