PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp Day 17 (8/24) NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks for Nordin and Newton, great opportunity for Jones.

Wow! This sounds odd.
Since when is BB or the Pats org. caught off guard on a policy rule? To send Cam to an outside Dr. and not know the requirements?
Either way, this is the best opportunity Mac could ask for to progress and show his leadership without Cam's shadow.
From a team standpoint though, a full week of practice with only 2 QB's is not great. And Dolegala is in GB.

Wow! This sounds odd.
Since when is BB or the Pats org. caught off guard on a policy rule? To send Cam to an outside Dr. and not know the requirements?
Either way, this is the best opportunity Mac could ask for to progress and show his leadership without Cam's shadow.
From a team standpoint though, a full week of practice with only 2 QB's is not great. And Dolegala is in GB.
See Spygate 1 and Spygate 2: the Stupider Sequel.

I dont think Hunter Henry is mentioned above so I hope he is back to full practice.

Good news on the injury front. Feels like the guys we knew wouldn't be out there are out, but a lot of the uncertain guys (Uche, Smith, Guy, Folk, Cardona) are back.

Big opportunity for Mac the next three days with Cam out. I doubt one joint practice would be enough to automatically hand over the reigns, but if he shows well enough, sometimes that's all it takes to lose your job. Regardless of what it ends up meaning, I want to see the kid absolutely nail it this week to make it more interesting than it already is.

I am sure Mac will get a great response when taking the field

Not that surprising for his first real work with them hopefully he gets better with practice

Yup, it's a ramp up both in quantity of work, and in the quality of the defense he's facing on a consistent basis. Today is about getting into the muck for him. Hopefully tomorrow he builds on that, and then the quiz for this stint with the 1's is a joint practice against a defense he hasn't seen before.

The next tweet from some anti-Mac reporter should be that Mac was only 17-31 and not sharp.
I’m the biggest Mac Jones fan there is, and I would still say 17-31 is not exactly sharp, only 55% completion %. If he wants to win the #1 job, that isn’t gonna cut it. I like that apparently he didn’t throw any INTs. I think only 3 or 4 INTs during training camp so far. I remember guys throwing 3 picks in one practice.

I’m the biggest Mac Jones fan there is, and I would still say 17-31 is not exactly sharp, only 55% completion %. If he wants to win the #1 job, that isn’t gonna cut it. I like that apparently he didn’t throw any INTs. I think only 3 or 4 INTs during training camp so far. I remember guys throwing 3 picks in one practice.

Turnover-worthy plays have been fairly low. That's a good sign, agreed. This is his first taste with/against the first team for the duration of the practice. I'll cut him some slack, unless it becomes a trend. Let's hope he rises to the challenge quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST