PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for WR Mohamed Sanu, for a second-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read somewhere that his contract extends through 2020...definitely adds more depth. A 2nd rounder seems a little high, but we're a win now team so if he can help this year, I'm all for it.

Harry will make more of an impact than sanu when he comes back assuming he gets the snaps. That’s my prediction.

No I didnt.

Gunner is no better than Berrios, but Gunner players with the GOAT HC and QB and Berrios doesnt.

The fact that you're still showing out for Braxton ****ing Berrios tells us all we need to know about you.

Wow! This is one of the worst trades/overpays BB has done. Sanu has looked washed up the last few games and likely will be released after the season. He is not and never was a good WR2. NOt sure what games some of you were watching. He has good hands, yes. I'll give him that. He'll help with depth and this may signal that JGordon may be out for few more games. This is a desperation move because BB couldn't squeeze any other good receiver (we need a WR NOW!) from other teams and the cost(salary cap as well) was likely too high. The good news is we are not good at picking in the second round. I would not doubt it another trade is made especially if BB clears some cap space and/or trades Bennett.

Yes i don’t know what people are seeing on the game tape.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but McDaniels is gonna love this pickup. He gets to use Sanu on gadget plays as a qb with Edelman and vice versa.

IMO, WR isn't as much of a need as fans make it out to be, but I don't begrudge the team for asking, "do we really want to play this season out with Josh Gordon as our most dependable big receiver?" I think the rookies will prove capable, but it undoubtedly is a position that could blow up and take the season with it. And it's not like there are loads of quality offensive linemen available to address the biggest need.

Sanu for me, Sanu for you!

BTW, the literal translation of his name from the original Arabic: "TB12 is the GOAT, and I enjoy catching his passes."

If you think a guy is a decent #2, he's absolutely worth a 2nd round pick. I'm not convinced he's going to be that on this team this year (or even needs to be with Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett, and hopefully Harry), but he has the potential to contribute and is depth if nothing else.

As for the SB comments... yeah, bad look. But you have to factor in the culture of the team he was on too. That kind of bravado is infectious, and as we're seeing with our defense this year, isn't a bad thing so long as you keep working and getting after it.
I don’t think a decent #2 is worth a 2nd, if he was a good or very good #2 I would be more ok with the compensation. If he is not at least #3 and just a depth piece then it makes it a massive over pay. I do wonder if Gordon is hurt worse then originally reported. SB comments weren’t just a bad look or bravado, it would be one thing if he had been like we are playing so well today or let’s keep it up and score 50 but the way he said it was they suck so bad we are gonna hang 50 on their ass. It was rude, disrespectful, and in the end premature and I was so happy they shoved it down his throat. Makes me wonder how he will fit in on a team he clearly has such disdain for. Obviously BB knows far more then I do and I trust his judgement so I will see how it goes with an open mind but my initial reaction remains Eww.

If the Patriots are happy with the trade, then so am I.

Wow! This is one of the worst trades/overpays BB has done. Sanu has looked washed up the last few games and likely will be released after the season. He is not and never was a good WR2. NOt sure what games some of you were watching. He has good hands, yes. I'll give him that. He'll help with depth and this may signal that JGordon may be out for few more games. This is a desperation move because BB couldn't squeeze any other good receiver (we need a WR NOW!) from other teams and the cost(salary cap as well) was likely too high. The good news is we are not good at picking in the second round. I would not doubt it another trade is made especially if BB clears some cap space and/or trades Bennett.

Is Nick Caesario secretly trying to sabotage this season due to BB not letting him go to Houston? First by not providing a solid TE and OT depth, then signing a sociopath to a ton of guaranteed money... now I know it's true.

A 2nd for Sanu?! They had better be getting something back.

They may have built a Dream Team in NE but I've never seen them make so many uncharacteristic mistakes.

This is a gross overpay for a thoroughly ordinary player, and unless they already know Gordon is done for the season it makes zero sense.

I’d imagine the convo went something like this...

“What will you take for Sanu?”
“I don’t know... a 2nd?”
“Done.”

I don’t like parting ways with a 2nd, but it’s definitely a need and gives them another body in the red zone. Andy, wherever he is, won’t like this at all. He thinks Sanu is a “JAG.”

Brady throws to Edelman who throws to Sanu who throws to Gunner Olszewski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes