PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for WR Mohamed Sanu, for a second-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHA

Who is right ONCE again? Dont question me.

lol you talk a lot of ****. when you are right you shouldn't be doing this.

That said, Gordon wasn't worth a roster spot anymore. He couldn't seperate and was banged up

Shannon Sharpe believes Sanu doesn't make a huge difference because he's not a burner. His belief is none of the Pats WR's are burners. Meaning Brady will always need to go the length of the field to get TD's. He thinks that's too much to ask of a 42 year old QB. I think Sharpe is generally an idiot. But he makes good points here. The Patriots don't really have a speedy deep threat. What are your thoughts on this?

My counter to this:

1. Patriots defense
2. Being a quick scoring team consistently doesn't help control the clock. Nor does it rest your defense.

your counter is a much better argument.

With our defense, we need to rest them and give our offense on the field. It doesn't need to be always result in points but we have to keep drives going.

Sanu is a chains mover on 3rd down. Dorsett can catch some deep throws, Harry is a YAC receiver, Edelman is a bit of everything, Meyers is a good intermediate receiver.

We don't have lots of elite speed. But we don't need to. We need to prolong drives.

A boom or bust offense is not a good thing this year.

lol you talk a lot of ****. when you are right you shouldn't be doing this.

That said, Gordon wasn't worth a roster spot anymore. He couldn't separate and was banged up

Im taking a victory lap. Dimwits like Ice Popsicle Brady can get triggered all they want.

No, youre right, Gordon did not fit. If the Pats offense chooses to go the route of deep passes, versatile Dorsett is also the deep threat a job that used to be Gordons. Brady wants to get rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds or less. Gordon was not open if White and Edelman were locked up. Its about moving the chains in long methodical time consuming drives. The Pats offense burns the other teams defense out as you saw last AFCC vs KC.

Im taking a victory lap. Dimwits like Ice Popsicle Brady can get triggered all they want.

No, youre right, Gordon did not fit. If the Pats offense chooses to go the route of deep passes, versatile Dorsett is also the deep threat a job that used to be Gordons. Brady wants to get rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds or less. Gordon was not open if White and Edelman were locked up. Its about moving the chains in long methodical time consuming drives. The Pats offense burns the other teams defense out as you saw last AFCC vs KC.
If we are looking for a singular reason for his release, it is the fact he took longer to get open than the other receivers. This can be attributed to his position (X which is not a key to this offense), his ability to run routes and gain separation, and his current physical makeup (size, health, quickness, etc)

There is no question Josh was bigger this year. Not sure if he was slower but he was certainly not as good.

Overall I thought he was fine and contributed but not to the point of being not expendable.

Maybe they need a roster a spot to replace Shaq Mason for a few games he did miss yesterday’s practice with an ankle issue.

If we are looking for a singular reason for his release, it is the fact he took longer to get open than the other receivers. This can be attributed to his position (X which is not a key to this offense), his ability to run routes and gain separation, and his current physical makeup (size, health, quickness, etc)

There is no question Josh was bigger this year. Not sure if he was slower but he was certainly not as good.

Overall I thought he was fine and contributed but not to the point of being not expendable.

Gordon has to stand on his own 2 feet and take responsibility for his actions.

Its not the Patriots job to be his therapist. The Patriots tried to make it work. How many other top tier teams would take him back after he quit last season? Gordon need to take what he learned in NE to his new team and salvage what is left of his career before the door closes for good. Save his money and plan for life post football.

Maybe they need a roster a spot to replace Shaq Mason for a few games he did miss yesterday’s practice with an ankle issue.

Gordon is not returning to the Patriots, it's over.

Gordon has to stand on his own 2 feet and take responsibility for his actions.

Its not the Patriots job to be his therapist. The Patriots tried to make it work. How many other top tier teams would take him back after he quit last season? Gordon need to take what he learned in NE to his new team and salvage what is left of his career before the door closes for good. Save his money and plan for life post football.
Agree. I hope he can accomplish that.

Shannon Sharpe believes Sanu doesn't make a huge difference because he's not a burner. His belief is none of the Pats WR's are burners. Meaning Brady will always need to go the length of the field to get TD's. He thinks that's too much to ask of a 42 year old QB. I think Sharpe is generally an idiot. But he makes good points here. The Patriots don't really have a speedy deep threat. What are your thoughts on this?

My counter to this:

1. Patriots defense
2. Being a quick scoring team consistently doesn't help control the clock. Nor does it rest your defense.
Dorsett is one of the faster receivers in the league

We are and have rarely been an offense based on high variance. Deep players are by design low probability options unless they are totally game breaking to the point where they make catches at an outlier rate (i.e. Moss).

And while having a quick player helps the offense because it can open up some intermediate routes those players are usually ridiculously overpaid in an offense like ours and not worth their cap hit if for the most part they just function as decoy.

Sharpe apparently never been through an offense like ours and from his experience the most successful way to play is with the classic deep threat. And that is the POV he is using and conflating process and outcome.

Last edited:
your counter is a much better argument.

With our defense, we need to rest them and give our offense on the field. It doesn't need to be always result in points but we have to keep drives going.

Sanu is a chains mover on 3rd down. Dorsett can catch some deep throws, Harry is a YAC receiver, Edelman is a bit of everything, Meyers is a good intermediate receiver.

We don't have lots of elite speed. But we don't need to. We need to prolong drives.

A boom or bust offense is not a good thing this year.

Agreed. Look at the 44-41 win vs KC last year. They tied the game so quickly. And we know what happened after that.

That's the issue with quick strike offenses in general. You risk taking no time off the clock. Your defense isn't getting rest.

maybe.

Perhaps, Belichick looked at our performance against the last two teams and made a different conclusion. BB decided that we needed to trade for one WR, and to activate another.

In fairness, the one activated was on schedule to be so anyway and the acquisition was offset by another release. So they aren't as related as your comment implies.

If, in fact, Sanu's cap figure was unchanged, then the Pat could convert 3M to a SB and pick up 1.5M saving this year while pushing 1.5M to next year.

Sanu isnt a recovering addict or a psychopath so I give this a higher chance of succeeding than AB and Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back