PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for WR Mohamed Sanu, for a second-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
THAT is why they gave up 2nd rounder!

A risk worth running since the cap hit would be all of @ $500k

He's been plagued by injury his entire career, but I guess given the TE situation you'd have to accept more risk in a potential solution. He is a very talented player, if they could glue him back together long enough to survive the 2nd half of the season, with a little luck we could get a lot value out of him

Austin Hooper would be amazing, but he'll likely get a mega deal as a free agent next year. We only have about $3 million left in cap space so that likely wouldnt be enough to extend his contract if we traded for him, depending on the signing bonus/structure

What are his cap hits for ‘19 and ‘20?

@Miguel hasn't posted what the numbers are yet.

There were rumors that to agree to the 2nd rounder, the Pats had them change the remained of Sanu's salary into SB. IF that happened, then his cap hit for the Pats would be 547K this year and the 6.5M salary next year.

A risk worth running since the cap hit would be all of @ $500k

Just for reference to show I'm not hating on him or anything, this is his full injury history from sportsinjurypredictor.com. His 2 healthiest seasons were his rookie year (2013) where he missed 1 game and 2015 where he missed 4 games. Other than that, he was put on IR every other year and missed the majority of the season. He's had quite a few surgeries for ligament/tendon injuries and multiple back surgeries

Sep 30, 2018 NFL Pedal Ankle Fracture Eifert missed the final 12 games on IR.

Sep 14, 2017 NFL Back Vertebral Disc Bulge Eifert needed another surgery on his back and missed the remainder of the season.

Sep 14, 2017 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Eifert underwent surgery to remove a cyst.

Dec 18, 2016 NFL Back Lower Lumbar Strain Grade 2 Eifert hurt his back late in Week 15. He missed the final 2 games and later underwent surgery.

Oct 4, 2016 NFL Back Vertebral Bruise Eifert missed 2 games.

Jan 31, 2016 NFL Pedal Ankle Ligament Tear Grade 3 Eifert was injured in the Pro Bowl and missed the first 6 games of the 2016 season.

Dec 13, 2015 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Eifert returned from his neck injury only to leave with a concussion on his second reception of Week 14. He missed the rest of Week 14 and sat out 2 more games.

Nov 29, 2015 NFL Cervical Neck Stinger Eifert missed 1 game.

Sep 7, 2014 NFL Arm Elbow Tear Eifert dislocated his right elbow in Week 1 and missed the rest of the season.

Aug 14, 2014 NFL Shoulder Labrum Tear Eifert missed three preseason games with a left shoulder injury that eventually required surgery.

Dec 22, 2013 NFL Shoulder Eifert suffered a shoulder stinger in the 1st quarter against the Vikings. He missed Week 17.

??? Aside from a few ticky tack (probably correct, but ticky tack) PI calls, Thomas had 3 catches on NINE targets, for a whopping 42 yards.

You could likely double those whopping 42 yards with a real QB (TB12) throwing to him and no penalties. To me, those yards are looking better and better now that Gordon is gone.

Gordon sucks so bad that he might get pushed out.

Edelman
Dorsett
Meyers
Sanu
Harry
Gordon

HAHAHAHA

Who is right ONCE again? Dont question me.

HAHAHAHA

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut in the woods..

Congratulations. You were right. Now disappear so no one has to put up with your BS

Throw Myers the dam ball. He is going to be a beast and you were a 6th rounder. Imagine if no one gave you a chance when you got the nod.

Bring the kid in Tom he will ball out

Throw Myers the dam ball

Brady did and if it hadn't been for the jest mugging him he probably would have had 100+ yards and 2 TD.

Honestly believe Meyers play in the last 2 weeks is at least a little bit of the reason why Gordon is gone.

Throw Myers the dam ball. He is going to be a beast and you were a 6th rounder. Imagine if no one gave you a chance when you got the nod.

Bring the kid in Tom he will ball out

Don't worry. If he continues to play like this he WILL get the ball.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut in the woods..

Congratulations. You were right. Now disappear so no one has to put up with your BS

Thank you

I was right about Jamie Collins as a beast, adding a WR - Sanu, Gordon sucking, Bolden as a solid asset. Among other things.

Next, Gronk will be back. Put your money on it and dont be butthurt when it happens.

He's been plagued by injury his entire career, but I guess given the TE situation you'd have to accept more risk in a potential solution. He is a very talented player, if they could glue him back together long enough to survive the 2nd half of the season, with a little luck we could get a lot value out of him

Desperate times, desperate measures ;)

I LOVE the way Myers catches the ball. All snatching hands.

Thank you

I was right about Jamie Collins as a beast, adding a WR - Sanu, Gordon sucking, Bolden as a solid asset. Among other things.

Next, Gronk will be back. Put your money on it and dont be butthurt when it happens.
Since you’re on a roll, I need to know this: will AB come back? Will they make another trade?

Since you’re on a roll, I need to know this: will AB come back? Will they make another trade?

No AB

Sorry. He was here 2 weeks and it seemed like he brought 2 years of legal problems. But, while were on this subject, I warned everyone about ABs shenanigans while he was still a Raider. AB showed up at Raiders camp in a hot air balloon. This a person missing several cards of a full deck. I posted that he would be nothing but a problem if he joined the Pats.

These last two weeks have shown me that Meyers deserves more touches.

maybe.

Perhaps, Belichick looked at our performance against the last two teams and made a different conclusion. BB decided that we needed to trade for one WR, and to activate another.

These last two weeks have shown me that Meyers deserves more touches.

HAHAHAHA

Did Gordon double up your mom and sister? Your absurd hate for this guy is sad. You’re probably the only guy in America who isn’t rooting for him to succeed and have lived up his ass for over a year now. Even Browns fans want him to do well and still appreciate his talent despite all of the problems he had. He gave the Patriots a ton of help at a very low cost and beat the odds to contribute to their success.

I have no goddamn clue how you watched this guy play 17 games and conclude that he sucks, and have railed on him since they signed him. You’ve officially become the village idiot in the process.

Did Gordon double up your mom and sister? Your absurd hate for this guy is sad. You’re probably the only guy in America who isn’t rooting for him to succeed and have lived up his ass for over a year now. Even Browns fans want him to do well and still appreciate his talent despite all of the problems he had. He gave the Patriots a ton of help at a very low cost and beat the odds to contribute to their success.

I have no goddamn clue how you watched this guy play 17 games and conclude that he sucks, and have railed on him since they signed him. You’ve officially become the village idiot in the process.

You are a moron who has been proven wrong about Gordon.

End of story.

Shannon Sharpe believes Sanu doesn't make a huge difference because he's not a burner. His belief is none of the Pats WR's are burners. Meaning Brady will always need to go the length of the field to get TD's. He thinks that's too much to ask of a 42 year old QB. I think Sharpe is generally an idiot. But he makes good points here. The Patriots don't really have a speedy deep threat. What are your thoughts on this?

My counter to this:

1. Patriots defense
2. Being a quick scoring team consistently doesn't help control the clock. Nor does it rest your defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down