PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots To Add OT Riley Reiff

Player Update - August 7, 2023 - Gillette Stadium

Patriot's tackle Reilly Reiff announced his retirement today. The veteran tackle was drafted 23rd overall in 2012 by the Lions, and has spent time with the Vikings, Bengals and Bears before joining New England in March of this year.

Yes.

Depends on what the guaranteed money is and roster bonus.
Yes, that's very true.. I'm wondering is brown the highest paid lineman we have? Pretty much got Andrews resigned for pennies compared to what the market is today.. in my opinion Andrews is an all-pro..

Yes, that's very true.. I'm wondering is brown the highest paid lineman we have? Pretty much got Andrews resigned for pennies compared to what the market is today.. in my opinion Andrews is an all-pro..
That needs to be replaced we need to get Stronger and more athletic @ Center.

That needs to be replaced we need to get Stronger and more athletic @ Center.
Andrews is a bull @ center... he's just been injured and age... bad combination... I see we can pick one up in draft I'm certain of..

I’m not sure why we haven’t done this more often since Brian Waters way when.

A veteran adult in the room kinda guy on the line goes a long way to stabilizing a line. He isn’t what he used to be, but clearly seems to still be solid.

That clip reminds me of how many times Trent Brown cut block or whatever it’s called for no reason and completely whiffed.
The cut block you see in the clip is called because the play calls for a quick release by the QB and is designed to get the rusher's hands down to eliminate the possible blocked pass. When the QB for whatever reason holds on to the ball, OT's get to look foolish.

Yes, that's very true.. I'm wondering is brown the highest paid lineman we have?

Yes but hes cheap this year and still reasonable next year at $12m
Pretty much got Andrews resigned for pennies compared to what the market is today.. in my opinion Andrews is an all-pro..
Not sure hes an All-Pro but hes more than solid. He makes the line better.

This twaddle-fluff tells me Absolutely ****ing Nothing about this old dude's ability to still play the position at at least a league-average starter's level... But maybe that's what da Bears FO man was saying, without actually saying it...

That's not good, folks.

Dude's cooked.

Waste of ****ing time on somebody who could've Easily been signed AFTER the draft for the Vet ****ing Minimum.

Looks like a great swing tackle option. Not someone to rely on full time, but can thrive in a more limited capacity with less blocking responsibilities.

This twaddle-fluff tells me Absolutely ****ing Nothing about this old dude's ability to still play the position at at least a league-average starter's level... But maybe that's what da Bears FO man was saying, without actually saying it...
PFF graded Reiff as the 36th best tackle out of 56 qualifying players in 2022. Seems pretty average to me.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back