PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign WR Corey Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be shocked if Coleman does much of anything this year. I think best case scenario is he's developed and ready by next season like Dorsett.

I hope he's one of those guys that was being misused or under-used by another team that BB and Brady will whip into pro bowl form! Good luck Corey!

I'm hopeful. Just never know with these fmr 1st rd picks that have flamed out.

Maybe they can put him in for a handful of plays and run some quick outs or something.

The other thing to take into consideration is the talent or lack of talent around him.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he plays more than I expect. Either way I’m looking forward to seeing him play. Looks very explosive

I wouldn’t mind keeping a roster spot for him or donjuan demarco even if the contribute nothing beyond st. Pr is a significant position imo and like many others i dont want to see our only proven effective pr in Edelman back there very often.

Yeah, I look at guys like Gronk and Randy Moss who I think are near-brilliant when it comes to football intelligence, at least according to BB and TB12. While I think both of them are likely far more intelligent in non-football areas than some would believe, I'd guess their overall mental acuity is, in fact, somewhat less than their football smarts. But, once again, like others I'm really just speculating.

I read somewhere Moss is Good Will Hunting-Mensa International smart. I'll have to dig it up. It doesn't surprise me. You never know with people.

I read somewhere Moss is Good Will Hunting-Mensa International smart. I'll have to dig it up. It doesn't surprise me. You never know with people.
He definitely falls under the "doesn't test well" category then, with his 12 on the Wonderlic.

Regards,
Chris

I like Colemans skill set for our offense over Dez.
Maybe if he has a good year he resigns at a reasonable rate.
Are we signing any of the cut players back to the ps?

We'll find out today. They have to clear waivers first, which they will.

The other thing to take into consideration is the talent or lack of talent around him.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he plays more than I expect. Either way I’m looking forward to seeing him play. Looks very explosive

Hes tantalizing.

He definitely falls under the "doesn't test well" category then, with his 12 on the Wonderlic.

Regards,
Chris
I know! Crazy.

FWIW My buddy was an english major at U of Miami in the early 90s. He tutored Ray Lewis (and Sapp, Ryan McNeil, etc). He said Lewis had a 2nd grade reading level but was not a stupid man (I know, hard to believe). He scored a 13.

I think with some of these athletes who score poorly on these tests their formal education is terrible and grow up in environments in which they are surrounded by people who have not had formal or classical education. Because they are not learned in math, english and science, they score poorly.

Why bother dumpster diving? Just give Bryant a tryout.

There’s literally no universe where Coleman or Fowler are better receivers than Dez.

You clearly don't understand the concept of the multiverse. In the multiverse, there's one where I'M a better receiver than Dez. But I'm not waiting on a call from Bill.

In this universe, Dez is dun.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
It will be interesting to wee if Coleman comes in here and takes up the "Danny Etling" school of thought. First in, Last out. Doing everything he can to pick the brain of Brady, Dorsett, Hogan and the coaches.

I mentioned that one scouting report said he excelled on hitches, in-cuts, and Go routes. If the Pats could tailor their route option tree for him getting to chose from those, we could see him blossom if his attitude is where it needs to be..

Are you saying that Tyrod Taylor determining that you weren't "open" is a good criterion?
Yes. Are you telling me that you think josh Gordon was open and Tyrod Taylor refused to throw him the ball?

I know! Crazy.

FWIW My buddy was an english major at U of Miami in the early 90s. He tutored Ray Lewis (and Sapp, Ryan McNeil, etc). He said Lewis had a 2nd grade reading level but was not a stupid man (I know, hard to believe). He scored a 13.

I think with some of these athletes who score poorly on these tests their formal education is terrible and grow up in environments in which they are surrounded by people who have not had formal or classical education. Because they are not learned in math, english and science, they score poorly.
reminds me of alvin mack in The Program, when he's being tutored:

Alvin's Tutor: Which two city-states fought in the Punic Wars?

Alvin Mack: I dunno, Detroit and Buffalo?

then later, during a defensive meeting:

Coach Winters: Alright, this is Mississippi State's offensive set. Second and two on our own 24, what defensive set might we call?

Alvin Mack: Eagle Zipper Hero, unless the setback shifts into the I.

Coach Winters: Good

[clicks to next slide]

Coach Winters: , third and seven?

Alvin Mack: Oakie Thunder Lion.

Coach Winters: What's your assignment?

Alvin Mack: Kill the quarterback.

[clicks to next slide]

Alvin Mack: Hit the tight end so hard his girlfriend dies.

[clicks to next slide]

Alvin Mack: Kill everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes