PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign TE Eric Tomlinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomlinson and Watson.

Coupled with this:

I don't understand why Bill couldn't have just known exactly which rookies would be performing well after 6 games and taken them instead??? I think he should be fired

I hate the Patriots still being 10 games away from the consecutive wins record even after the past weekend!!!!!

Who are Pats releasing to make room for both TEs?

One takes Johnson's place. LaCosse hasn't been released, so someone else needs to be released to make room for 2nd TE, no?

One takes Johnson's place. LaCosse hasn't been released, so someone else needs to be released to make room for 2nd TE, no?

Hoping for LaCosse to IR. He's basically just one of our lower WRs on the depth chart in terms of skillset.

Yup.

I would take Mike Reiss' reporting over I-an Rappin' Part everyday, and twice on Sunday.

Was just about to say maybe Watson considered it and then decided to stay retired. But sounds like both are being signed. Jacob's to IR and then with Lacosse being hurt, I'm guessing he will be cut and possibly return to the PS (assuming he clears waivers and is eligible).

Hoping for LaCosse to IR. He's basically just one of our lower WRs on the depth chart in terms of skillset.
Agree, but everything I've read says he's liable to miss a few weeks, so not sure what qualifies to be IR'd

Was just about to say maybe Watson considered it and then decided to stay retired. But sounds like both are being signed. Jacob's to IR and then with Lacosse being hurt, I'm guessing he will be cut and possibly return to the PS (assuming he clears waivers and is eligible).
I thought he was a vet. This is his 4th year so not sure if he's PS eligible, probably not.

Been saying this for 2 years. 2018 & 2019 drafts were loaded with excellent TE’s, not getting one in the top 4 rounds was a huge mistake (for the future).

One of those TEs will be cut next year and Bill will have himself the TE version of Danny Shelton.

well when Rapsheet says LaCosse is about to miss several weeks, I assume he goes to IR

I thought he was a vet. This is his 4th year so not sure if he's PS eligible, probably not.
You are probably right, I am lacking in knowledge on PS eligibility. I just googled it and it says 3 seasons on the PS. IR'ng him would suck. No guarantee the newbie gets the Offense, although it sounds like he will be mostly blocking, and/or Watson staying healthy at his age. On the bright side, I doubt teams will be beating down the door to sign Lacosse when healthy in four weeks.

Well I think even though Tomlinson isn't great, he and Watson represent a pretty decent upgrade at the position over what they've had.

QB?
DW Toys

Strange neither WEEI or ESPN's Mike Reiss has a Tomlinson story yet.
Pats are dropping some young hoe from the practice squad maybe Tomlinson ends up there.

He looks like he can rush the passer tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back