PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Sign Ezekiel Elliott

Not much to say, is there, given particularly the dismal performance recently of our present back-up rb's? (I know they were running behind a weak O-line, but Strong and Harris looked awfully soft last week, didn't they, keeling over at the first hint of contact?). I've never been a big Zeke fan - on the personal level, he's the worst sort of mutt - but he can hit the hole and runs hard after (within the limitations of his battered frame, I acknowledge), he can catch the ball, and he certainly can pass block. So there it is. We have a solid back-up RB, but that really is all there is to say about it. Did we pay a little too much? Sure. So what?

maybe a poor mans Corey Dillon at this stage of his career...not as talented as Dillon when he came to the Pats and wont be the featured back, but could provide value to spell Rham

Red Zone RB, until he gets hurt which will probably be within the first three games.

would like to see Strong and Harris get some carries behind the first team OLine.

Elliot will be a beat here those Carrie’s where our back runs into contact and gets nothing that’s gone.

Between Zeke and Rham third and fourth and short all but guaranteed.

would like to see Strong and Harris get some carries behind the first team OLine.
Agree…especially Strong…time for him to step up. IMO he’s going to get around….

Strong: 300 yards rushing / 100 receiving
Elliot: 600 yards rushing / 300 receiving
Stevenson: 900 yards rushing / 300 receiving

Stevenson and Elliot will be a very good combination for all downs. I know people want a RB to have a 3rd down back roll but why? It worked well with Brady but we can’t telegraph what we are going to do anymore. Both Rham and Zeke can run, catch and block on all downs. This is a better situation for the Patriots in 2023.

Last edited:
maybe a poor mans Corey Dillon at this stage of his career...not as talented as Dillon when he came to the Pats and wont be the featured back, but could provide value to spell Rham
About the same age, Dillon had become phased out the plan like Zeke was.. I don't know.. Zeke was pretty dam good.. Dillon wasn't the reciever Zeke is either.. but your right.. feels similar to when clock Killin Dillon signed..

Stevenson and Elliot will be a very good combination for all downs. I know people want a RB to have a 3rd down back roll but why? It worked well with Brady but we can’t telegraph what we are going to do anymore. Both Rham and Zeke can run, catch and block on all downs. This is a better situation for the Patriots in 2023.
Agreed, a staple of our offense has always been that 3rd down scat back type.. Brady always had one.. faulk, Woodhead, sweet feet ,lewis. Your spot on! Both rham and zeke are pretty good catching the ball as well. My hunch is harris gets put on the PS, it's Rham, Zeke and strong Jr. I love the Zeke pick up..

If he contributes as much as Dillion did I'll be pleasantly surprised.

If he contributes as much as Dillion did I'll be pleasantly surprised.
During that time in the NFL early 2ks.. RBs were still highly valued. Teams ran the ball. Zeke and rham will aid each other so neither one is worn down come week 12..

This signing has as much to do with the realization of the sorry state of the OL as it does with providing the running game with a legitimate alternate to the excessively used Rham.
#PrayForZeke / #PrayForRham

Agree…especially Strong…time for him to step up. IMO he’s going to get around….

Strong: 300 yards rushing / 100 receiving
Elliot: 600 yards rushing / 300 receiving
Stevenson: 900 yards rushing / 300 receiving
I don’t think we will be seeing a lot of Strong. Unless there is an injury.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back