PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Sign Ezekiel Elliott

I don’t think we will be seeing a lot of Strong. Unless there is an injury.
I wouldn't necessarily say so.. he has speed and break away ability.. at some point gotta start letting the young guys play and get run.. not going to get better standing on the side lines unless he has coaching aspirations.

I wouldn't necessarily say so.. he has speed and break away ability.. at some point gotta start letting the young guys play and get run.. not going to get better standing on the side lines unless he has coaching aspirations.
It is not common in competitive sports to not play the best guy because you want to see what the other guy can do.
Strong will either warms reps ahead of Stevenson and Elliot or not get them. I don’t expect he will earn them.
He could have a small role as RB3 but since both RB1 and RB2 are effective 3rd down backs I don’t see much room for him.

It is not common in competitive sports to not play the best guy because you want to see what the other guy can do.
Strong will either warms reps ahead of Stevenson and Elliot or not get them. I don’t expect he will earn them.
He could have a small role as RB3 but since both RB1 and RB2 are effective 3rd down backs I don’t see much room for him.
I see what you mean.. however he was drafted in the 4th round.. this team has no presence of a 3rd down back. Someone in the sweet feet role.. that 3rd down back has always been a staple of a patriots offense. Now zeke and rham are definitely more than capable of handling those duties. But strong if given ample opportunity could just be that. I'm a firm believer of giving guys with natural speed and abilities opportunities. Now if they don't perform then hey at least they were given opportunities .

This signing, to me, is one big pile of meh...

dont hate it but just dont see it as anything special

hope im wrong.

I see what you mean.. however he was drafted in the 4th round.. this team has no presence of a 3rd down back. Someone in the sweet feet role.. that 3rd down back has always been a staple of a patriots offense. Now zeke and rham are definitely more than capable of handling those duties. But strong if given ample opportunity could just be that. I'm a firm believer of giving guys with natural speed and abilities opportunities. Now if they don't perform then hey at least they were given opportunities .
By my view you are looking at it backwards.
I think you earn opportunities in practice, and limited play.
Not that you are entitled to a chance to play in a game to see if you don’t play bad.

This signing, to me, is one big pile of meh...

dont hate it but just dont see it as anything special

hope im wrong.
RB2 is an important role. We had no one proven now to fill that role and just signed a superstar to take a reduced role at 28 years old. What’s not to like about that?

By my view you are looking at it backwards.
I think you earn opportunities in practice, and limited play.
Not that you are entitled to a chance to play in a game to see if you don’t play bad.
Your right partiality.. practice, study habits and being entitled has nothing to do with it. He was drafted in the mid rounds... not to be standing on the sideline.. but to play

Your right partiality.. practice, study habits and being entitled has nothing to do with it. He was drafted in the mid rounds... not to be standing on the sideline.. but to play
I disagree. 4th round picks are drafted to compete for a job, not be handed one. If he beats out Elliot he will play. If he doesn’t they will surely not say “well we drafted this guy so even though he didn’t earn it, we have to play him instead of the guy who is better”.

I disagree. 4th round picks are drafted to compete for a job, not be handed one. If he beats out Elliot he will play. If he doesn’t they will surely not say “well we drafted this guy so even though he didn’t earn it, we have to play him instead of the guy who is better”.
We agree to disagree..

Crazy to think pats could have very easily had Hopkins and cook on this team. If they end up Makin a move at tackle I'm good with it

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back