PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign Ezekiel Elliott to a 1 year deal

Jeez, can OP or admin please edit the post title to reflect that he's signed? It's triggering my OCD!

"up to" 6M....drafted two rb last year, let Harris go for $1M....sounds like a failure in player acquisition/ retention if you have to get Elliot. The guaranteed $ better not be for more than Harris signed for
Ditto. I just hope he can bring more in the passing game.

How did Schefter get the details wrong? Definitely not a $1M signing bonus.

$1.55M salary
$600k signing bonus
$850k roster bonuses ($50k per game)
$1.5M scrimmage yards incentives (starting at 975)
$1.5M snap count incentives (starting at 50%)

$1.55M salary
$600k signing bonus
That is a very reasonable contract

The fact that he's going to be backing up Rham should work out well, hes always been a workhorse type 3 down back but we dont need him to be that here (hopefully!)

If he helps us win games, I'm all for it

This was his injury history per DraftSharks.com, he seems like a tough bell cow type back that fights thru injury and definitely would benefit from splitting the load. His knee injury history is definitely not on a good trajectory, but on a 1 year deal as guy to come in as relief for Rham this has a good chance of working out;
1692235078852.png

As long as Ezekiel Elliott isn't washed up this is a good deal for the Patriots. In his prime EE was a top 10 RB in the league.

2022 was a bit of a 'letdown' season as he only had 876 yards carring, 12 rushing TDs, 3.8 ypc and only 92 receiving yards.

A 1 year rental of EE for up to 6m, and I'm guessing a lot of this includes incentives seems to be a good deal. He can try to rebuild his value with us then try to get one last big contract in free agency next year.

He's a 28 year old RB, IMO he isn't getting that 'one last big contract' even if he has a bounce-back year. No one will take the risk that his age 28 year was a fluke and he'll be back to journeyman status for his age 29 year.

He's a 28 year old RB, IMO he isn't getting that 'one last big contract' even if he has a bounce-back year. No one will take the risk that his age 28 year was a fluke and he'll be back to journeyman status for his age 29 year.
He’s already received the big contract from Jerry, which is why all the RB’s can’t get paid now.

$1.55M salary
$600k signing bonus
Because he listened to Zeke’s agent.

Seems that the only way Zeke gets 6M is if Rham gets hurt, Zeke carries the load, and Zeke performs extremely well. That would be a bargain. More likely Zeke makes ~4M and if he is a decent backup, that seems very team-friendly

Last edited:
Ditto. I just hope he can bring more in the passing game.
Damian Harris is hurt way more than Zeke Elliott. They're different players (Zeke is a top-tier pass-blocking RB and a better pass-catching back by far). Both are good at the goal line.

I liked Harris a lot, but his performances here were overrated because he couldn't stay healthy. He's only 2 years younger than Elliott, by the way, and while he's got a ton less tread on the tires, he's in the tub too much. His injuries - ankle, knee, and hamstring - are concerning. He's a risk. Still think he was a good signing for the Bills and wish he was still here - if he can return to form, he'll be a great signing. Big IF, however. Also, I have no doubt that last year's issues with coaching played a big role in him leaving.

Still, calling this "a failure of player acquisition" as the troll did is nonsensical, and underestimating Harris's money (it's 1.77 million in salary and signing bonus) and going to the edge of Zeke's - $3 million of his dollars means he was near or above 1,000 yards and carried more than 50% of the RB load - is completely and purposely misleading (aka Trolling).

If Zeke gets more than 975 yards, he's worth the extra 1.5million.
If Zeke carries more than 50% of the RB load, he was NEEDED. That's highly unlikely.

Damian Harris <<<<< Zeke Elliott. If you could pick one, right now for THIS YEAR, who would it be?

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back