PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign ex-Colt DE/OLB John Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the need, the need for SPEED.

I don't think this helps that, much

:(

I still fail to understand what they should have done differently.
“This” is just 2 road losses. There are 13 games left. I dint understand why panic is setting in.
It’s like fans around here are trying to write off the season today so they gave as much time as possibly to be angry and bltch, which for most of them seems to be happiness.

Well, first of all several posters here are going to ***** no matter what. So we will have to read it regardless. Some just thrive on misery here.

I think my point was kinda this. Michel hurt and diddnt get a camp, Rex hurt/gone, JE suspended, Britt/Matthews hurt/gone, Hill gone Mitchell gone, Hollister hurt. New LT etc.

The O is not great for obvious reasons.

The D is on the field more. The D is not defending a team playing from behind. The D has a few issues as well including a new DC. Then you have a road game having our (not so good) O go against a stout D in their building in a revenge game.

Then you have a road game against (low and behold) our old DC.

You diddn't need a ****ing abacus to figure that this was likely to happen and that this team can start slow and that once they fix the O (assuming they can) that it will immensely help the D.

Last edited:
Van Noy has been playing on the line of scrimmage a lot, in basically a Ninkovich role. I wonder if maybe Simon was added to contribute at that position, with Van Noy going back to ILB to replace Bentley.

When you buy **** at a yard sale, you usually take home **** from a yard sale. Snagging the unknown DaVinci is the exception, not the rule.

This is not new. It's a problem we see often enough, because BB is often too willing to squander one million dollars in order to try avoiding the squandering of two million dollars.

Talk about presenting things disingenuously.

It's usually a choice between a player who wants 8M vs. a player at 1M.. Not 1M to 2M .

Well, first of all several posters here are going to ***** no matter what. So we will have to read it regardless. Some just thrive on misery here.

I think my point was kinda this. Michel hurt and diddnt get a camp, Rex hurt/gone, JE suspended, Britt/Matthews hurt/hone, Hill gone Mitchell gone, Hollister hurt. New LT etc.

The O is not great for obvious reasons.

The D is on the field more. The D is not defending a team playing from behind. The D has a few issues as well including a new DC. Then you have a road game having our (not so good) O go against a stout D in their building in a revenge game.

Then you have a road game against (low and behold) our old DC.

You diddn't need a ****ing abacus to figure that this was likely to happen and that this team can start slow and that once they fix the O (assuming they can) that it will immensely help the D.
It’s a 16 game season. We started it short handed on offense and with lots of turnover on defense.
Belichick is coaching to win championships not have great September’s and sometimes those objectives conflict.

It’s a 16 game season. We started it short handed on offense and with lots of turnover on defense.
Belichick is coaching to win championships not have great September’s and sometimes those objectives conflict.
I agree. We have seen this movie before. If they got back to playing well and winning games I wont be surprised. Shouldnt you expect this behavior though and not be shocked by it?

We have people claiming the season is over after a 3 and out.

I agree. We have seen this movie before. If they got back to playing well and winning games I wont be surprised. Shouldnt you expect this behavior though and not be shocked by it?

It’s infuriating. I refuse to read a game day thread and this board has become one giant game day thread.

Van Noy has been playing on the line of scrimmage a lot, in basically a Ninkovich role. I wonder if maybe Simon was added to contribute at that position, with Van Noy going back to ILB to replace Bentley.
It’s hard to say because we haven’t settled on a scheme. Last week we played a 3-3 which we haven’t played regularly ever. Moving VN to Bentley’s spot and putting a DE on the field instead would seem to improve 2 spots from what we saw Sunday.

I'm pretty sure that very few on here doubt whether the Patriots make the playoffs.

The concern, rightfully so, is about the shockingly bad defense and how it will survive 3-4 playoff teams. Super Bowl or bust are the expectations with Brady and Bill.

This is nothing like the 1-2 start from 2012 or the 2-2 starts in 2014, 2017. There's so much less to be optimistic about, and it gets worse approximately every 3 days.

I can't believe I don't even care about Josh Gordon anymore. That's how bad this situation has gotten.

This is nothing like the 1-2 start from 2012 or the 2-2 starts in 2014, 2017. There's so much less to be optimistic about, and it gets worse approximately every 3 days.

I can't believe I don't even care about Josh Gordon anymore. That's how bad this situation has gotten.
You were no more optimistic then. You think you were because now you know what happened next.
Relax. They are going to go out and play 13 more games then the playoffs no matter what you do.

I think the feeling now VS then is that then the pieces seemed to be in place and they just were executing well. This season I think the issue is that many feel they dont have the pieces. It does feel a bit different.

If this team beats the Dolphins by more than a touchdown, many of the same people who are now looking to take a number for jumping off the Tobin will be declaring that this team is going to win the Super Bowl because it's turned everything around.

I'm pretty sure that very few on here doubt whether the Patriots make the playoffs.

The concern, rightfully so, is about the shockingly bad defense and how it will survive 3-4 playoff teams. Super Bowl or bust are the expectations with Brady and Bill.
Last years September defense was worse.
It also had more injuries.

In the first 4 games last year they allowed 32 ppg and 33+ in 3 of the 4.
Likely the worst 4 game stretch of a B.B. defense ever.

They followed that with 8 games of allowing 11.9 ppg and no more than 17 in any of them. They went to the SB

The defense will be fine.

I think the feeling now VS then is that then the pieces seemed to be in place and they just were executing well. This season I think the issue is that many feel they dont have the pieces. It does feel a bit different.
In 2014 people were calling the dynasty over. People were saying bench brady. People had lost their minds.
It’s exactly the same.
It’s not about the state of the team it’s about who it’s fans are.

Simon has a long injury history, but is a notorious high effort / high motor guy and a two time OSU team captain. He is strong for his frame, was a weight room warrior. His speed wasn't bad at the combine, but keep in mind that was 5 or 6 years ago.

Hope he does something or else we will be using safeties at LB. Chung can do that in small doses, but I'm not sure he would hold up if asked to do it on anything but 3rd and long.

In 2014 people were calling the dynasty over. People were saying bench brady. People had lost their minds.
It’s exactly the same.
It’s not about the state of the team it’s about who it’s fans are.
True. You have about 3-4 posters here who seem to just thrive on misery and never have anything good to say. Another few who are just trolls who only seem to show up when there is an issue. And a few other chicken little guys who panic at every little thing

Add it all up and its enough to whip the entire site into a frenzy.

Last years September defense was worse.
It also had more injuries.

In the first 4 games last year they allowed 32 ppg and 33+ in 3 of the 4.
Likely the worst 4 game stretch of a B.B. defense ever.

They followed that with 8 games of allowing 11.9 ppg and no more than 17 in any of them. They went to the SB

The defense will be fine.
"They went to the SB"

You wanna finish that sentence?

"They went to the SB"

You wanna finish that sentence?
He doesn't have to. Does one game represent the entire season? I should hope not.

Malcolm was benched and Philly shredded MN the prior game. RPO gave the D fits last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes