PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign ex-Colt DE/OLB John Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! John Simon looks like a better player on tape than Clayborn. I know we are depleted some but it wouldn't surprise me if one move Clayborn is a healthy scratch going forward. I don't think you pay FA good $$$$ for them to suck. I think BB over evaluated one game Clayborn last FA.:rolleyes:

Wow! John Simon looks like a better player on tape than Clayborn. I know we are depleted some but it wouldn't surprise me if one move Clayborn is a healthy scratch going forward. I don't think you pay FA good $$$$ for them to suck. I think BB over evaluated one game Clayborn last FA.:rolleyes:
Let me get this straight.
You think that BillBelichick watched tape of the best game of a players career, and decided to not watch any other games and just evaluated him on that?

Interestingly however you are evaluating him on 74 snaps. Now I assume you are “evaluating” him based upon watching the game live while he played those 74 snaps. But perhaps you can clear that up. How many of those 74 did you watch on all22? How many did you slow down and isolate your focus on clayborn? What has the defense done in his 74 snaps can the 150 or so others? How responsible is clayborn for the patriots having generated the second highest rate of pressure on the qb in the Nfl?
Please enlighten us all because I haven’t had the opportunity to review clayborn on all of plays and give him a grade.

There's some irony in lambasting Belichick because you think he evaluated Clayborn off of one game, while in the same breath saying that a player is better than Clayborn based on 3 cherry picked highlight reel plays.

Clayborn’s sack number were lacking outside of that one game. His overall pressure performance was perfectly acceptable even outside that one game.

Clayborn’s sack number were lacking outside of that one game. His overall pressure performance was perfectly acceptable even outside that one game.

Point taken: but I think he got a guy who can do the same or better than Clayborn for nothing. That said I think BB's talent evaluation can be questioned too many head scratching moves to list ie...see current Roster. On the other hand I will never question his ability as Great HC I can see him Coaching up a Guy like Simon to be real good in his system.

How about a little thread discipline guys? There’s some good info about John Simon here, buried in the endless posts from the usual suspects criticizing all the “bad fans” on the board, blah blah blah. Let’s try to stay on topic boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes