PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign ex-Colt DE/OLB John Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know who he is but sounds like a complete JAG
Played for Houston a few years, recorded 5 sacks one year.

Colts signed him to a 3 year, 14 mill deal last year. Played 9 games, recorded 3 sacks before getting placed on IR in December.

My guess is that he hadn’t recovered from his injury until recently. From what I’ve heard he’s a fine backup player, but not much more.

He was very nice with the Colts nice season.

He's always been an analytics darling. I was shocked when the Colts cut him, thought he played well last season. He was great with the Texans in 2016, big piece of that top-ranked defense as a rotational guy.

He's a very good pass rusher and can play standing up and was generally stout against the run. Only problem is he doesn't have a natural position, a little undersized for a defensive end and a little big for a linebacker, a little like Derek Rivers. He's a rotational guy, not a starter, but he's been a useful piece everywhere he's been. I like the signing. Maybe he's Nink 2.0 for the Patriots.

Did some reading on him this AM. Indy writers were surprised that he was a cut after camp, they said that Indy was moving to a 4-3 look and Simon was not a fit...BUT they thought he should have been traded in the off-season.

Sounds like a solid rotation guy. I like it.

Did some reading on him this AM. Indy writers were surprised that he was a cut after camp, they said that Indy was moving to a 4-3 look and Simon was not a fit...BUT they thought he should have been traded in the off-season.

Sounds like a solid rotation guy. I like it.
Also hearing he graded out well against the run.

At position after position, this team is reduced to making desperation moves to try fixing problems that everyone knew starting early in the offseason.
Its like they said "this might work if everyone stays healthy," which they never do.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Its like they said "this might work if everyone stays healthy," which they never do.

That take was understandable at WR, especially before Edelman got popped, but even "this might work if everyone stays healthy" was a stretch at all three defensive levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back