PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Patriots select WR Tyquan Thornton at 50.

That added a lot to the discussion.
I took that down because I decided to try to be nicer to some of the posters like you who add nothing to the board except Brady is good Bill is bad. When a poster comes on the board like Denver and spouts crap that is simply wrong to forward an agenda it really adds nothing to the board, so why post it. Of course it was somewhat ironic I called him out for it afterwards but I understood that. You replying, to once again add nothing of importance deserved a reply, but after I typed it in I decided he is old enough to have been in ww2 so I should be nicer to him.

Big 12 Champions who finished the season ranked 5th in the AP Poll. Crappy.

Can you just admit you were wrong and move on?
I believe I did in an earlier post. Never heard of Baylor Football. Thanks for the update.

While the two players might be "almost identical" in terms of their size, arm length, weight, and even their 40, what I have observed is that Bourne plays faster than Jakobi. Meyers is a dependable slot guy. But Bourne showed he can line up in the slot or on the perimeter and have success. That's something Meyers really hasn't done reliably, imho. Also, Bourne seems to be a catalyst type player. When the Patriots got him involved early on, the team did excellent things.

Thornton is a young kid at 21. Wilkerson is 25. The same age as Meyers and just a year younger than Bourne. Nixon is a year younger than both Meyers and Wilkerson.

BTW, here are the RAS Comparison from Bourne to Meyers. I don't care about the grades. I printed it to compare their combine results.

Bourne has a better broad jump and 3 cone. Meyers had the better vertical and bench. I consider the 40s to be virtually identical.

View attachment 43339

Thanks. Couldn't help notice that Bourne did 9 bench presses. Myers did 13. How many bench presses did Tyquan do? I remember 11 or 12 but could be really off. Bourne saying that Thornton needs to add weight is pretty rich considering Bourne had 9 bench presses coming out of college. Hahahahaha. 9!!!!!!

I believe I did in an earlier post. Never heard of Baylor Football. Thanks for the update.
You'll forgive everyone for not believing you've never heard of Baylor Football. It's the same program that RG3 came from. Also Josh Gordon, Xavien Howard, Terrence Williams. Jarrett Stidham was also there before transferring to Arkansas Auburn. (edit: Thanks @SteveKiner )

Last edited:
Thanks. Couldn't help notice that Bourne did 9 bench presses. Myers did 13. How many bench presses did Tyquan do? I remember 11 or 12 but could be really off. Bourne saying that Thornton needs to add weight is pretty rich considering Bourne had 9 bench presses coming out of college. Hahahahaha. 9!!!!!!
Does someone's weight really have anything to do with how many bench presses they can do? To me, the number of bench presses someone does speaks more where their focus was in the weight room than it does their weight.

Not too concerned about his bench press. I’d rather focus on his speed, acceleration and catching ability.He also looks like he tracks deep balls really well which is the difference between just having speed vs actually being able to catch the damn thing. Graded out elite as a blocker which is a plus plus on this team. Tbh, you can go down a long line of drafts over the years and look at low bench press performances and find really good players. Christian McCaffrey had 10.

Does someone's weight really have anything to do with how many bench presses they can do? To me, the number of bench presses someone does speaks more where their focus was in the weight room than it does their weight.
Doubt weight does, but typically body type with slight builds can as well as long skinny arms.

And your focus on how you approach the bench is everything like mentioned above. chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps. They’ll get this kid fixed up if he really wants it in no time. It’s pretty much his full time job now which is to play football and get in shape.

You'll forgive everyone for not believing you've never heard of Baylor Football. It's the same program that RG3 came from. Also Josh Gordon, Xavien Howard, Terrence Williams. Jarrett Stidham was also there before transferring to Arkansas.
Not to mention Mike Singletary.

mass moves mass, generally speaking

Thronton's wrists are the new Crable's legs.

The thinking by the media that he can't put on muscle is weird. He could easily put on 10-20 pounds and still look lean.

He seems be a likable guy. Hoping to hell it works out for the Pats and for TT.
However, the photos from OTA's just added fuel to the fire. There are some very big strong CB's and safeties in this league. They will be taking big time shots on him and trying to intimidate him.

He reminds me so much of a former Eagles WR named Todd Pinkston, who came into teh league at 6-2 and 174 pounds.
He had a couple of good (not great years) and became notorious for his alligator arms. DB's on defending teams quickly learned that they could physically dominate him.
Just like they dominated Brandin Cooks at 5'10" 185 pounds. As long as he doesn't run in a circle until someone breaks his jaw, I think he'll be alright

Thronton's wrists are the new Crable's legs.

The thinking by the media that he can't put on muscle is weird. He could easily put on 10-20 pounds and still look lean.

Seriously. I put on 30 pounds between ages 21 to 26... of course, that was 30 pounds of gin and 4am roast beef sandwiches, but still! I'm sure they have better methods for TT.

Seriously. I put on 30 pounds between ages 21 to 26... of course, that was 30 pounds of gin and 4am roast beef sandwiches, but still! I'm sure they have better methods for TT.
Different methods, not necessarily better.

You'll forgive everyone for not believing you've never heard of Baylor Football. It's the same program that RG3 came from. Also Josh Gordon, Xavien Howard, Terrence Williams. Jarrett Stidham was also there before transferring to Arkansas.
Auburn, but point taken.

Damn. I wonder how fast he was at say 22.

With the resources he now has (state of the art facility, trainers, cafeteria, etc.), it's too easy to put on muscle.

Has anyone seen their cafeteria? It's pretty awesome how they have Chefs on site making healthy meals for the athletes and staff.

With the resources he now has (state of the art facility, trainers, cafeteria, etc.), it's too easy to put on muscle.

Has anyone seen their cafeteria? It's pretty awesome how they have Chefs on site making healthy meals for the athletes and staff.
Does he have a wife? Maybe he can HGH delivered in her name.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back