PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Patriots select WR Tyquan Thornton at 50.

Does he have a wife? Maybe he can HGH delivered in her name.
Jokes aside, he doesn't need it. Supplements are overrated.

Just work out. Eat. Rest. It's that easy.

Jokes aside, he doesn't need it. Supplements are overrated.

Just work out. Eat. Rest. It's that easy.
But jokes are all I have, after my wife left me for my best friend, and took the house, my truck, the dog and the children. Now I live in a van down by the river

But jokes are all I have, after my wife left me for my best friend, and took the house, my truck, the dog and the children. Now I live in a van down by the river
The river must have some damn good wifi.

According to PFF he isn't just some burner go-route deep threat type

inb4 PFF SUCKS

Yes I agree the grading system isn't ideal but I consider them more in the draftnik realm, so if people are gonna say "draftniks said he was gonna be a 5th rounder blah blah blah" then surely I can use PFF giving him an almost perfect rating of their scale for intermediate routes.

Seriously. I put on 30 pounds between ages 21 to 26... of course, that was 30 pounds of gin and 4am roast beef sandwiches, but still! I'm sure they have better methods for TT.
1654346746845.gif
1654346794257.gif

I believe I did in an earlier post. Never heard of Baylor Football. Thanks for the update.
You did indeed admit your mistake and you got dumped on for it. That was pretty strange.

According to PFF he isn't just some burner go-route deep threat type

inb4 PFF SUCKS

Yes I agree the grading system isn't ideal but I consider them more in the draftnik realm, so if people are gonna say "draftniks said he was gonna be a 5th rounder blah blah blah" then surely I can use PFF giving him an almost perfect rating of their scale for intermediate routes.

So PFF isn't actually judging nuance or detail in terms of route running when they put this stuff out. They also had a 6th RD grade on him so this isn't really a flex. Especially when you look how many routes he ran, which routes he ran. I get the need to defend the pick but questioning it, fairly, isn't out of this world. Big swing by us and hopefully it's a home run. We need it to be.

We should know if he can play or not immediately though. In terms of skill-set / bodies in front of him there's not a lot stopping him from making an impact. There aren't many Thornton's on this team. Guys like Harry, Parker, Meyers have similar skill-sets and attributes. Bourne and Agholor are a little more versatile and can win inside/outside. Thornton is pretty unique in that sense. I'm hoping he's the clear cut WR3 by seasons end.

While the two players might be "almost identical" in terms of their size, arm length, weight, and even their 40, what I have observed is that Bourne plays faster than Jakobi. Meyers is a dependable slot guy. But Bourne showed he can line up in the slot or on the perimeter and have success. That's something Meyers really hasn't done reliably, imho. Also, Bourne seems to be a catalyst type player. When the Patriots got him involved early on, the team did excellent things.

Thornton is a young kid at 21. Wilkerson is 25. The same age as Meyers and just a year younger than Bourne. Nixon is a year younger than both Meyers and Wilkerson.

BTW, here are the RAS Comparison from Bourne to Meyers. I don't care about the grades. I printed it to compare their combine results.

Bourne has a better broad jump and 3 cone. Meyers had the better vertical and bench. I consider the 40s to be virtually identical.
They could be brothers, but I agree Bourne plays a little faster.

They're still somewhat redundant, especially if the really fast kids force themselves onto the roster. Meyers wants a new deal... just saying.

I wanna see Tre and Wilkerson get a reasonable shot IF they KNOW the offense.
Not everyone makes it the 1st year, WR was considered a 3 year deal for years for most, and Jules took what, 5?

I wanna see Tre and Wilkerson get a reasonable shot IF they KNOW the offense.
Not everyone makes it the 1st year, WR was considered a 3 year deal for years for most, and Jules took what, 5?

The reporters said Tre was in the slot today which is a surprise to me. He is a lot faster than Myers so it is an interesting twist, something I did not consider. Nixon in the slot, with Smith at TE and Thornton outside, adds a lot of speed on the field. Interesting lineup for a few years especially if this is Myers and Agholor's last years. Nixon might improve YACs over Myers as well, not just vertical speed. Not sure how much shake Nixon has, I will be watching to see if he blends in well. He speaks well and sounds the part, but it will be very interesting to see if he has the smarts and short area quickness. I thought he was strictly a straight line outside guy.

I do not see what others see in Wilkerson. Great athlete, but stiff with stone hands. Does not look like a "keeper" to me.

If Nixon inside and Thornton outside are players, along with Bourne and Parker, we are all setat WR for awhile. Would be a great group of athletes.

Last edited:
The reporters said Tre was in the slot today which is a surprise to me. He is a lot faster than Myers so it is an interesting twist, something I did not consider. Nixon in the slot, with Smith at TE and Thornton outside, adds a lot of speed on the field. Interesting lineup for a few years especially if this is Myers and Agholor's last years. Nixon might improve YACs over Myers as well, not just vertical speed. Not sure how much shake Nixon has, I will be watching to see if he blends in well. He speaks well and sounds the part, but it will be very interesting to see if he has the smarts and short area quickness. I thought he was strictly a straight line outside guy.

I do not see what others see in Wilkerson. Great athlete, but stiff with stone hands. Does not look like a "keeper" to me.

If Nixon inside and Thornton outside are players, along with Bourne and Parker, we are all setat WR for awhile. Would be a great group of athletes.
I'm not so sure Wilkerson has "Stone" hands, They said that about Edelman at times, but look at what he did.
He was a BALLER!
I guess combine and perfection is everything...If we go by THAT, we lose 2 SBS, especially 28-3.
From the LITTLE I've seen of Wilkerson, his movement is good, he scored 2 TDS the 1 game he was given...I suggest a bit more REALTIME play.
Maybe he got lucky against bums, that's ENTIRELY possible.

I'm not so sure Wilkerson has "Stone" hands, They said that about Edelman at times, but look at what he did.
He was a BALLER!
I guess combine and perfection is everything...If we go by THAT, we lose 2 SBS, especially 28-3.
From the LITTLE I've seen of Wilkerson, his movement is good, he scored 2 TDS the 1 game he was given...I suggest a bit more REALTIME play.
Maybe he got lucky against bums, that's ENTIRELY possible.

Edelman and Wilkerson is a tough comparison. Outside guy versus an inside guy. Outside guys have to get jump balls, make contested catches. Inside guys are constantly getting hit, and dodging safeties. Different types of "hands". Wilkerson did not look the part, maybe this year he will, but I am skeptical. Never really watched Nixon so I am not sure what to expect. Edelman always looked the part to me.

Edelman and Wilkerson is a tough comparison. Outside guy versus an inside guy. Outside guys have to get jump balls, make contested catches. Inside guys are constantly getting hit, and dodging safeties. Different types of "hands". Wilkerson did not look the part, maybe this year he will, but I am skeptical. Never really watched Nixon so I am not sure what to expect. Edelman always looked the part to me.
How many PLAYS have you watched?
We have ZERO CLUE about Nixon, we had Zero clue about that Bum Edelman either.
Anyone that says otherwise is a liar.

How many PLAYS have you watched?
We have ZERO CLUE about Nixon, we had Zero clue about that Bum Edelman either.
Anyone that says otherwise is a liar.

Agreed. I said I have not watched Nixon. Maybe you did not read my post?

Edelman subbed for Welker and played so we saw him, and at that time I thought he looked like a player. After that Edelman went back on the shelf and I hoping to see him more.

I don't count the number of plays I watch.

Edelman subbed for Welker and played so we saw him, and at that time I thought he looked like a player. After that Edelman went back on the shelf and I hoping to see him more.

I might have misspoke, sorry man.
I'm just trying to NOT bash Bill because of his mistakes I can pull MASSIVE MISTAKES all day long, some asshat KNOWS ABOUT the Dak mistake the 32 teams made 3 times, I've brought it up b4... they don't acknowledge it, they just keep using it as a miss...
Whatever, They ALL MISS!

A 7TH? He'll be lucky to EVER MAKE IT...I THINK Edel was a 6th, and he obviously SUCKED!

I might have misspoke, sorry man.
I'm just trying to NOT bash Bill because of his mistakes I can pull MASSIVE MISTAKES all day long, some asshat KNOWS ABOUT the Dak mistake the 32 teams made 3 times, I've brought it up b4... they don't acknowledge it, they just keep using it as a miss...
Whatever, They ALL MISS!

A 7TH? He'll be lucky to EVER MAKE IT...I THINK Edel was a 6th, and he obviously SUCKED!
How many wanted TFB AT 1? 32?64? 128?

SERIOUSLY, people here think CLOWNS in the media are perfect, and OBVIOUSLY they aren't... including Dac Prescott, or he doesn't go in the 4th...HELLO IDIOTS.

I'm really hoping that:

Thornton >> Moss
Wilkerson >> Branch
Nixon >> Edelman

How many wanted TFB AT 1? 32?64? 128?

SERIOUSLY, people here think CLOWNS in the media are perfect, and OBVIOUSLY they aren't... including Dac Prescott, or he doesn't go in the 4th...HELLO IDIOTS.
I've said it before, LOOK at the BUM QBS Picked before him that year, some of them are laughable...
WHY is Bill held to a different standard to what is SUPPOSED TO BE our own team?
I just don't get it, I guess folks want BUMS that have been proven before.
We've missed, but missed on some BUNS as well...
Everyone here thinks it's so EZ, they don't take attitude into account..

Edelman was clutch in the playoffs, but the league never really thought highly of him as a WR because his regular season production was mediocre. When he was a fee agent in 2012 no one wanted him except the Patriots. He was never a WR1, and I'd guess many in the league thought his production was because of scheme and Brady. Sort of like Jakobi Meyers last year. The Patriots production in the Brady years was more about fellow GOAT Gronkowski and a series of excellent receiving RB's with the WR's having a lesser role -- even Welker will never see the HoF. Aside from Moss, Brady never had top flight receivers until he got to Tampa -- where he also had Gronk and for the first time a 3 down back in Fournette.

I'll bet $, if we go back here ,folks will have complained about Edelman and Nixon..and the Welker and Moss Trades...like they knew what they were talking about..
They didn't know jack ****.
"Moss is done, he's a bum, Welker for a 2 and 7? Holy ****, this dude is a bum, he's done nothing in Miami.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back