PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Ryan Mallett Knocked Out Of Friday Night's Game Following Injury

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Ryan Mallett Knocked Out Of Friday Night's Game Following Injury
By: Ian Logue

Patriots quarterback Ryan Mallett got knocked out of Friday night's game, but appears to be fine....

I think that Reiss reported him to openly state an injury to his chest/rib area, despite the official report from the team regarding his "head." It's possible that Mallett was not aware of the official team designation.

Either way, it doesn't appear that the injury is serious. It's preseason so they likely will be pretty cautious with all minor injuries of any level whatsoever.

We definitely need Mallett as our QB2 this year, even with his obvious limitations. There really is no other option in my opinion. At least we know that he can hit some targets downfield at times, unlike the current QB3 who we do NOT want to have to rely on in game situations. I still think that we keep all 3 though, with Tebow in a developmental role over the course of the next year. He isn't going anywhere in my opinion. They didn't do all of this for nothing. They were well aware of what he was bringing when they signed him.

Well from what Ridely was saying in his post game interview, it sounds like they are in fact designing more of a read-option/spread-option offense for Tebow, which raises even more questions to me, although I always believed that's what Tebow needs and that's what any smart coach would do with him.

The question is, why the heck do the Pats want to have a change of pace read-option QB when you have Tom Brady?

Well from what Ridely was saying in his post game interview, it sounds like they are in fact designing more of a read-option/spread-option offense for Tebow, which raises even more questions to me, although I always believed that's what Tebow needs and that's what any smart coach would do with him.

The question is, why the heck do the Pats want to have a change of pace read-option QB when you have Tom Brady?

I think by "change-of-pace" QB, they're thinking for high-leverage situations, like Brady sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter, sipping some Gatorade with Amendola and GRONK watching Tebow try to hang on to a slim 30-point lead. :D

I think by "change-of-pace" QB, they're thinking for high-leverage situations, like Brady sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter, sipping some Gatorade with Amendola and GRONK watching Tebow try to hang on to a slim 30-point lead. :D

I can only pray you are right:)

They will be the easiest 4th quarters Tebow has ever won.:D

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back