PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pre-Draft Contacts List 2019

I'm pretty consistently getting 4.5s - 4.6s. Not the fastest, but better than the 4.7s reported. I don't know if I should really change his grade, just be aware of where he needs to play to excel.

High 4.5’s, low 4.6s for me too. Could live with that.

I'm pretty consistently getting 4.5s - 4.6s. Not the fastest, but better than the 4.7s reported. I don't know if I should really change his grade, just be aware of where he needs to play to excel.

Where do you see his Best position? SS/FS?

Where do you see his Best position? SS/FS?

Chung role, basically. He's really bright, very assignment sound, quick and decisive, a strong tackler, and basically everything you want from a slot/box defender who can bounce between LB, S, Star, slot, etc. I do wish he'd been a consensus low 4.5 type, but I don't think it matters if he's not trying to cover 20+ yards in the deep half.

Chung role, basically. He's really bright, very assignment sound, quick and decisive, a strong tackler, and basically everything you want from a slot/box defender who can bounce between LB, S, Star, slot, etc. I do wish he'd been a consensus low 4.5 type, but I don't think it matters if he's not trying to cover 20+ yards in the deep half.

Ahh that's good then, that ticks a lot of boxes for me if he's that type of guy. You only have to hear what D-Mac says about chung and how important he is to the Defence and the way they play.

Would the patriots be able to test his 40 again and get a proper time for him, or aren't they allowed to do that?

Ahh that's good then, that ticks a lot of boxes for me if he's that type of guy. You only have to hear what D-Mac says about chung and how important he is to the Defence and the way they play.

Would the patriots be able to test his 40 again and get a proper time for him, or aren't they allowed to do that?

I don’t think so. They could in a private workout but I don’t know if they do them after the pro day. They don’t do that sort of thing on official visits which are more about class work, doctors and interviews.

Private workout for Nate Davis

An awful lot of work on interior OL. I have a feeling they don't think Thuney will be cheap to re-sign next year, or that they worry about depth. Interesting.

We definitely need some depth on the offensive line. We don't really have any NFL ready backups at any spot at the minute. Ted Karras seems to be the best of the bunch, but we even cut him briefly a few years back.

I'm quite happy with a couple of mid round picks (2-5th round) being spent on o-lineman. Not as convinced by our 1st rounder though.

Love Hardman. Would be good value in the 4th round to fill the backup slot/KR role. Can then transition into a bigger role in year 2

Love Hardman. Would be good value in the 4th round to fill the backup slot/KR role. Can then transition into a bigger role in year 2

So long as he’s not the only WR we draft.

Hardman fits into my list of slot speedsters who can also play outside and have KR ability. I'd focus on Samuel, Campbell and Isabella in the 2nd round. But Hardman is a nice backup pick in the 4th if we miss out on them.

I'd also try and find a bigger outside guy or someone with a higher floor who could step in from day 1 like Riley Ridley.

Official Visits

Blake Cashman, LB, Minnesota
Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame
N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona St
Johnathan Abram, S, Miss St.
Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington
Kingsley Keke, DL, Texas A&M
Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M
Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia

Private Workouts And Other Contacts

David Sills, Garry Jennings, WR, W Virginia - Worked out by us.
Will Grier, QB, W Virginia - "expected to meet"
Mike Edwards, DB, Kentucky - Private visit or workout
Terez Hall, LB, Missouri - Met with us at pro day
Marquis Young, RB, Umass - Met at pro day
Jamal Davis, EDGE, Akron - Met at pro day
Ben Banogu, EDGE, TCU - Met with at pro day
Taylor Rapp, S, Washington - Met with at pro day
Nate Davis, OL, Charlotte - Private workout
Chris Lindstrom - Private Workout with Dante
Nick Allegretti, OL, Illinois - Pro day meeting/workout
Xavier Crawford, CB, Central Michigan - Pro day contact
Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, LA Tech - Pro day contact
Aaron Monteiro, OL, Boston College - Pro day contact
Nsimba Webster, WR, Eastern Washington - Pro Day Contact

Also of note. Nick Caserio was at Toledo's pro day

Really quiet this year in terms of the information that's been put out there.

WR Mecole Hardman could be an explosive Tarik Hill kind of receiver for the Pats. Ran a 4.31. Good return man as well. If we could wind up with him or Parris Campbell, I’d be thrilled. Both good on bubble screens, reverses & are deep threat receivers. Basically replacements for Cordarrelle Patterson.

Official Visits

Blake Cashman, LB, Minnesota
Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame
N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona St
Johnathan Abram, S, Miss St.
Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington
Kingsley Keke, DL, Texas A&M
Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M
Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia

Private Workouts And Other Contacts

David Sills, Garry Jennings, WR, W Virginia - Worked out by us.
Will Grier, QB, W Virginia - "expected to meet"
Mike Edwards, DB, Kentucky - Private visit or workout
Terez Hall, LB, Missouri - Met with us at pro day
Marquis Young, RB, Umass - Met at pro day
Jamal Davis, EDGE, Akron - Met at pro day
Ben Banogu, EDGE, TCU - Met with at pro day
Taylor Rapp, S, Washington - Met with at pro day
Nate Davis, OL, Charlotte - Private workout
Chris Lindstrom - Private Workout with Dante
Nick Allegretti, OL, Illinois - Pro day meeting/workout
Xavier Crawford, CB, Central Michigan - Pro day contact
Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, LA Tech - Pro day contact
Aaron Monteiro, OL, Boston College - Pro day contact
Nsimba Webster, WR, Eastern Washington - Pro Day Contact

Also of note. Nick Caserio was at Toledo's pro day

Really quiet this year in terms of the information that's been put out there.
Cody Thompson is a helluva receiver at Toledo. Besides having great hands and good jumping ability/body control, is a good special teams player. Once blocked a punt and caught it, ran it in for a TD. Basically took it off of the punter’s foot simultaneously as he tried to punt it. Could be a steal as a late round pick, similar type player to Chris Hogan. Also played 3 sports in HS, you know how Belichick likes those multi sport types of athletes.

Cody Thompson is a helluva receiver at Toledo. Besides having great hands and good jumping ability/body control, is a good special teams player. Once blocked a punt and caught it, ran it in for a TD. Basically took it off of the punter’s foot simultaneously as he tried to punt it. Could be a steal as a late round pick, similar type player to Chris Hogan. Also played 3 sports in HS, you know how Belichick likes those multi sport types of athletes.

I saw that block. I’ve just seen him compared to Adam Thielen and I quite like that comp. I really like him as a day three guy but I’d like him more if he wasn’t a 4.57 guy which is my only concern.

WR Mecole Hardman could be an explosive Tarik Hill kind of receiver for the Pats. Ran a 4.31. Good return man as well. If we could wind up with him or Parris Campbell, I’d be thrilled. Both good on bubble screens, reverses & are deep threat receivers. Basically replacements for Cordarrelle Patterson.

Except that neither of them are 6'2 225lbs the way that Patterson is..

The biggest knock against Campbell is his route running beyond the "9" route.

Hardman's issues seem to be his size and sometimes a lapse of concentration.

The biggest knock against Campbell is his route running beyond the "9" route.

I don't think I ever saw Campbell run a 9 route. He was almost exclusively used on bubble screens, hitches, drags, crossers, etc. He's an underneath YAC guy who occasionally adjusted to a deeper route if he found a soft spot in zone. Mostly quick hitters.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back