PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Playoff Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

PYPER

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It's an easy question but first here are the rules.

You're not allowed to look it up. You either know it or you don't.

Here's the question:

The Patriots have won nine straight playoff games. Who was the last team to beat the Patriots in the playoffs and when did that occur???

wouldn't that have been to the Packers in the SB?

PYPER said:
It's an easy question but first here are the rules.

You're not allowed to look it up. You either know it or you don't.

Here's the question:

The Patriots have won nine straight playoff games. Who was the last team to beat the Patriots in the playoffs and when did that occur???

Pittsburgh 7-6 (Vrabel sacks Bledsoe) over the Pats around 1998?

Jaguars in 1998. Zolak was our QB for that game

I believe it was the Jaguars in 1999. That's the REAL reason we wanted to play them this year. The idea of us trying to avoid Pitsburgh is blasphemous.

Patskers said:
Jaguars in 1998. Zolak was our QB for that game

I also want to say the score was 20-15 but im not sure. All i know is that we had a very realistic chance to win that game but for some reason we couldnt make the plays in clutch situations

groundgame said:
Pittsburgh 7-6 (Vrabel sacks Bledsoe) over the Pats around 1998?

I think that's it - I don't think they made the playoffs the next year - the last of the Pete Carrol era

We made the playoffs in Carroll's first year, defeated the Dolphins in the wild card round (our 3rd victory against them in the same season), then lost 7-6 to Pitt in the divisional round

Next year, i think we made the playoffs again and lost to Jax in the wild card round, not sure of the score though

3rd year and Carroll's last, we didnt make the playoffs and Carroll was fired the next day

Good job people. Thanks for playing.

The correct answer was the Jacksonville Jaguars.

They beat us 25-10 following the '98 season. The game was actually played in January of 1999.

Scott Zolak started that game.

Just for the record. Saturday Night's matchup with Jacksonville will be the 3rd time the Patriots and Jags have faced one another in the playoffs. The series is currently tied 1-1. The Patriots won the first meeting 20-13 in the AFCC game following the '96 season.

Happy New Year!!!

Buffalo, back in the AFL days. I don't know where the game was played but we won 26-8. The following week we got crushed in the AFL Championship by San Diego 51-3.

That's all memory. If I had to guess where the game was played, I'd say Fenway.

Damn, didn't give me time :)

All right, I have to throw my two cents in:

Which two players hold the record for most career Super Bowl TDs scored by Patriots? The record is two, held by two players. DON'T LOOK IT UP!!!

Bob G

The two Patriots with two Super Bowl TD's would be Mike Vrabel and David Givens, I believe (both with one each in SB XXXVIII and XXXIX)

Givens is a TD machine in the postseason. I'd say Givens and Vrable.

That was too easy Bob,

Here's two questions:

1) Name the only starting Super Bowl QB to never complete a pass in the Super Bowl.

2) Name the Patriots player who recorded two sacks in the Super Bowl during his rookie year.

PYPER said:
That was too easy Bob,

Here's two questions:

1) Name the only starting Super Bowl QB to never complete a pass in the Super Bowl.

2) Name the Patriots player who recorded two sacks in the Super Bowl during his rookie year.

1. Have no idea.

2. Ty Warren against Carolina

Patskers said:
1. Have no idea.

2. Ty Warren against Carolina

INCORRECT

Anbody else???

NEM said:
And, who was the FIRST Team the Patriots ever had a playoff game against? Where, and who won?

Providence Steamroller.

We lost ... by forfeit. Thru understandable misunderstanding, Pats of those days traveled to PROVINCETOWN instead. Steamroller weren't there.

Forget when ... but it was back when Pats played their home games at the Cleveland Circle baseball diamond.

:)

PYPER said:
That was too easy Bob,

Here's two questions:

1. I'll guess Tony Eason
2. Garin Veris?

PYPER said:
That was too easy Bob,

Perhaps...what was interesting about Givens' TD in SB XXXIX is that it was the first time in Patriot history that a different Patriot didn't score a SB TD. The first ten were scored by ten different people (Fryar, Byars, Coates, Martin, Law, Patten, Branch, Givens, A Smith, Vrabel). Givens was the first to score two, then Vrabel, then Dillon scored his first. Would have been great if Dillon had gotten the first, then it would have been eleven different touchdown scorers.

Bob G

NEM said:
And, who was the FIRST Team the Patriots ever had a playoff game against? Where, and who won?

The Buffalo Bills in a playoff iat fgenway Park n 1963, I believe. They won and then went to San Diego to play the Chargers for the AFL title. They got beat worse than the Bears Super Bowl game, like 51-10 or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes