PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Playoff Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawg 73 said:
1. I'll guess Tony Eason
2. Garin Veris?

Tony Eason is correct. Eason was 0-6 in Super Bowl XX before being replaced by Steve Grogan.

Gerin Veris is INCORRECT

NEM said:
It was played at the old War Memorial Stadium in Buffalo. I was there with 44 other Pats fans. We went up on a bus I chartered and stood next to the Pats bench, on the field, for the entire second half. No security in those days.

NEM, that might make you the oldest SOB on the entire internet.

We should make a T-shirt to honor you. I don't know what graphics we should use or what it should say but for the actual shirt, I've got an old white T-shirt with holes and crusty sweat stains under the arms that would be perfect.

PYPER said:
That was too easy Bob,

Here's two questions:

1) Name the only starting Super Bowl QB to never complete a pass in the Super Bowl.

2) Name the Patriots player who recorded two sacks in the Super Bowl during his rookie year.

I'll guess. Richard Seymour against the Rams.

NEM said:
And, who was the FIRST Team the Patriots ever had a playoff game against? Where, and who won?

Come on NEM, you know that's not fair. Not all of us are as old as you. ;)

PYPER said:
2) Name the Patriots player who recorded two sacks in the Super Bowl during his rookie year.
Bruschi perhaps?

I don't know the answer to the last question asked, but I just wanted to say that Scott Zolak won me $20 when I was 16 years old. I bet a 49ers fan that the Pats would beat the 49ers and Zolak did not let me down! :)

Jarvis Green?

RayClay said:

Jarvis Green?

I guessed Ty Warren but Jarvis was my 2nd guess

PYPER said:
Tony Eason is correct. Eason was 0-6 in Super Bowl XX before being replaced by Steve Grogan.

Gerin Veris is INCORRECT

I say Richard Seymour.............against the Rams in 2001.

RayClay said:

Jarvis Green?
Can't be, Green was a rookie in 2002, the last time the Pats missed the playoffs entirely.

alamo said:
Bruschi perhaps?

CORRECT!!!

Tedy Bruschi sacked Brett Favre twice in Super Bowl XXXI. Back then, Bruschi was a situational pass rusher. Actually, he played just about everywhere. He was like Klecko except he actually made his presence felt.

Bruschi also had the game clinching interception against the Jags in the AFC Championship.

BIG TIME PLAYERS MAKE BIG TIME PLAYS IN BIG GAMES.

PYPER said:
Bruschi also had the game clinching interception against the Jags in the AFC Championship.

BIG TIME PLAYERS MAKE BIG TIME PLAYS IN BIG GAMES.

I thought that was Willie Clay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore