PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Playoff Game at ONE Sunday January 13th On CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Sunday time better...but I fear it will be the Ravens

I think that was due to Elway/Broncos not liking the late night games and requested afternoon games.
Maybe. Trying to think of all the 2 seed div games...

01- Sat
04- Sat
12-Sat
13-Sat
15-Sat

So if we win, we will have “spotted those assh0les (whoever wins Saturday) 24 hours?”

So if we win, we will have “spotted those assh0les (whoever wins Saturday) 24 hours?”

KC is playing at 4:30 on Saturday and they probably won’t get started preparing for the AFCCG until Sunday night at the earliest...their biggest advantage would be not wasting the following Saturday for travel. Baltimore winning on Saturday would be ideal for us...

Maybe. Trying to think of all the 2 seed div games...

01- Sat
04- Sat
12-Sat
13-Sat
15-Sat
I think I'm wrong sort of, but I do think the broncos requested it for 2013. But we've played on Sunday as the #1 seed in 2010.

I like the Sunday time better...but I fear it will be the Ravens
I’m hoping Houston beats Indy so KC has to play Chargers or Ravens, but I have a feeling that won’t happen. We have dominated the Ravens lately though. Pats have won 3 in a row and 5 of the last 7. One of those losses the Ravens won by 1 point in Baltimore. They haven’t beat us since 2012 and will be coming in with a rookie QB. I was at the 2009 playoff game when they killed us and the AFC championship they beat the pats, but those games were a long time ago and we have dominated them in the most recent games.

Just announced on SNF. Will post a link when I can.

Meh. I prefer Saturday night games.
We will know if the prize is a trip to KC or a home game.

If KC chokes that makes our game even more stressful for me personally.

I like winning Saturday night , win, then enjoy Sunday playoff games...

At least we are the early game.

I most prefer the early Saturday game: we should already be well-rested, so an extra day will make no difference. The only way this could've been worse is if we had been scheduled for the late Sunday game, and if we have to travel to KC then not having an extra day to recover is going to suck extra worse.

The only benefit to the Pats playing on Sunday is that I'm driving my daughter to BC on Saturday and we would've had to leave here early in the morning to ensure that I would be sitting in front of a television in MA at kick-off if the game were held that day. So I have that going for me...which is nice.

Last edited:
Good. Nice to have the game at God's intended time for football for a change.

It's funny you feel that way. I think of playoff games as being 'special' and think they should all be 'under the lights'.

One o'clock is the worst of the four options. I love the 'night' games, yes, I count 4:30 as a night game this time of year.

Can’t remember the last time we had the early Sunday game on divisional week Last time we played on Sunday was when we we had the late game in 2012 season against Houston I think

Right, I don't think we've ever had it in the divisional round, but have had the 1 o'clock game in 2009 (vs BAL) and 2006 (vs NYJ)

The one seed basically always gets the Saturday game.

I think this is more myth than reality. For instance, the Saints play on Sunday and they are the one seed.

I'm sure there are a number of factors that go into it.....like potential ratings, geographic location, seeding may get some consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore