PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Patriots place transition tag on Dugger

Breaking New England Patriots Team News

Worth noting: the last note of Ari’s is irrelevant, we were very unlikely to receive any comp picks next year anyways.

They can still tag Onwenu then, yes?

Pisses me off no end. I just looked it up - now they can't use the franchise tag on Onwenu or anyone else.

So they screwed over Dugger for a couple million and are going to lose Onwenu, as well.

Yeah, sure, it wasn't Kraft these years...sure.

What's the difference? I don't remember what the transition tag means

What's the difference? I don't remember what the transition tag means
Transition tag: The transition tag is a one-year tender offer for the average of the top 10 salaries at the position -- as opposed to the top five for the franchise tag. It guarantees the original club the right of first refusal to match any offer the player might receive from another club. The tagging team is awarded no compensation if it chooses not to match a deal.

The snap judgement there is insane. Do you think that ONLY kraft made that choice?
You assume they didn't talk to all their FAs for all you know they and dugger were far apart and they are much closer on Onwenu.

People really need to pause and think FFS
Pisses me off no end. I just looked it up - now they can't use the franchise tag on Onwenu or anyone else.

So they screwed over Dugger for a couple million and are going to lose Onwenu, as well.

Onwenu franchise tag is 20 million. Teams might not pay more than 15 million and if at all it reaches 20 million we can match it.

I honestly feel even the transition tag price is a lot for Dugger. Not sure how many teams will be willing to fork that .

Teams can also place the transition tag on an impending unrestricted free agent (under the new CBA, only one franchise tag or transition tag can be used per offseason; prior to 2020, teams could use one franchise tag and one transition tag per year).

It means less money for Dugger and the Pats can then match any offers another team gives him.

It means they're being CHEAP again, is what it means.
Your bias is showing. Do you seriously think it was just "being cheap" if you do then you do not understand football and how it works

****ing Kraft, always looking to win the deal at all costs. $100m in cap room and they're hemming and hawing over a couple of million. This is why I say even if they draft a qb at #3 and he's any good, he'll be gone after his first contract because Kraft is too ****ing cheap to pay a top qb market rate.

Transition tag: The transition tag is a one-year tender offer for the average of the top 10 salaries at the position -- as opposed to the top five for the franchise tag. It guarantees the original club the right of first refusal to match any offer the player might receive from another club. The tagging team is awarded no compensation if it chooses not to match a deal.
If the patriots match when does the extension kick in? In 2025?

It would be 1year at 13M and then the extension?

It could lead to a longer term contract, though.

Worth noting: the last note of Ari’s is irrelevant, we were very unlikely to receive any comp picks next year anyways.

Edit: Nevermind, just reread it again.

If the patriots match when does the extension kick in? In 2025?

It would be 1year at 13M and then the extension?
I don't know.

To me, it means they have no intention of letting him walk, otherwise they would have given him a tag that gives them some compensation if they turn down the offer.

****ing Kraft, always looking to win the deal at all costs. $100m in cap room and they're hemming and hawing over a couple of million. This is why I say even if they draft a qb at #3 and he's any good, he'll be gone after his first contract because Kraft is too ****ing cheap to pay a top qb market rate.
So you must have complete inside knowledge that Dugger was only asking for 15 or so million? Never mind that he is one of the top S on the market and might have his value at 20 per?
But of course it had to be the evil owner. Way too many of you need a villian

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back