PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Number Two in the Latest ESPN NFL Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it when we have differing opinions from another member here we have to resort to insulting their intelligence? I'm just getting started here, but if I have to deal with being called stupid every time I post something somebody else disagrees it's almost not worth it. I want to talk football when I come here, not measure my manhood.

Sorry. Off topic.

Get used to it man lol lots of people here are unable to argue without personal insults. That said, I couldn't disagree more with what you said, the 2001 Rams were one of the best teams not to win a SB IMO. Mabye #3 after the 2007 Pats and 1998 Vikings.

Q: What happened three years, seven months, and twenty days ago?

A: It was the day the New England Patriots last won a playoff game

Until they win another playoff game, no Patriots fan should be thumping his or her chest or whining and complaining about power rankings. Like it or not, the fat f#ck down in New Jersey has the Pats number. Until the Patriots find a way to beat that team in the playoffs and/or advance in the tournament farther than them, Patriots fans should ST#U.....and before you call me a Jets fan, I'm not, I'm just a Pats fan and former season ticket holder of 18 seasons (I think) who sees reality for what it is...

Last edited:
Q: What happened three years, seven months, and twenty days ago?

A: It was the day the New England Patriots last won a playoff game

Until they win another playoff game, no Patriots fan should be thumping his or her chest or whining and complaining about power rankings. Like it or not, the fat f#ck down in New Jersey has the Pats number. Until the Patriots find a way to beat that team in the playoffs and/or advance in the tournament farther than them, Patriots fans should ST#U.....and before you call me a Jets fan, I'm not, I'm just a Pats fan who sees reality for what it is...

Your post would make sense if the Patriots were required to beat the Jets in order to get to the Super Bowl. Since that is not necessarily the case, your post doesn't hold water.

I think it's pretty standard practice to give the defending champs the number one spot in the pre-season rankings. I'll take number two. For now.

Green Bay definitely should be #1. They were a tremendous team last year and, as we all remember, when they came to NE, even without Rodgers, they played the Pats very, very tough. New England should also be at #2. They have 1-2 right at this point. No complaints here.

Your post would make sense if the Patriots were required to beat the Jets in order to get to the Super Bowl. Since that is not necessarily the case, your post doesn't hold water.

My post holds more water than the Pacific Ocean because it proves the Patriots and their 14-2 records and their AFC East Championship shirts don't mean jack sh#t because it's all resulted in playoff futility in the last two post seasons in which they've participated....

My post holds more water than the Pacific Ocean because it proves the Patriots and their 14-2 records and their AFC East Championship shirts don't mean jack sh#t because it's all resulted in playoff futility in the last two post seasons in which they've participated....

Teams win the Super Bowl after following wildly different paths. The Colts contended for half a decade before winning it. The Patriots (2001) went from the outhouse to the penthouse. Green Bay was 6-10 in 2008, then went 11-5 in 2009, but went one-and-done in the playoffs. Last year, with a 10-6 record, they won the Super Bowl.

Your point holds no water at all.

Which team to your root for (it is the Patriots, right)?

Last year they overachieved through great coaching and some inspired play (even record setting). Does losing in the playoffs leave a bad taste in our mouthes...sure does, especially at home and a 14-2 record. But, we were rebuilding on the fly.

And it did mean something (to me), it just wasn't the ultimate goal. The most you can hope for when the season begins is to be competitive and a chance to make the playoffs. Remember Rex built his team to specifically try and beat the Patriots (whether he admits it or not). He accomplished his goal, but that doesn't mean he'll always succeed.

Teams win the Super Bowl after following wildly different paths. The Colts contended for half a decade before winning it. The Patriots (2001) went from the outhouse to the penthouse. Green Bay was 6-10 in 2008, then went 11-5 in 2009, but went one-and-done in the playoffs. Last year, with a 10-6 record, they won the Super Bowl.

Your point holds no water at all.

Yeah, win the Super Bowl, which is something the Patriots haven't done since February, 2005....

Yeah, win the Super Bowl, which is something the Patriots haven't done since February, 2005....

You're pimping the Jets over the Patriots. Remind me: when was the last time the Jets won the Super Bowl?

Like it or not, the fat f#ck down in New Jersey has the Pats number. Until the Patriots find a way to beat that team in the playoffs and/or advance in the tournament farther than them, Patriots fans should ST#U.....and before you call me a Jets fan, I'm not, I'm just a Pats fan and former season ticket holder of 18 seasons (I think) who sees reality for what it is...

He's 3-2 against us. While he has the slight edge, to say he has our number is a vast overstatement.

Why is it when we have differing opinions from another member here we have to resort to insulting their intelligence? I'm just getting started here, but if I have to deal with being called stupid every time I post something somebody else disagrees it's almost not worth it. I want to talk football when I come here, not measure my manhood.

Sorry. Off topic.

Now that FCB02062 has posted additional "comments", do you see why "intelligence" sometimes deserves to be "insulted"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back