PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Not Expected to Be in the Mix for Lamar Jackson

The Guy is only 26 and you have already judged him he can't get any better yikes. Rob I thought you were better than that.

I can say the same thing about your thinking. You think he'll improve when the last 2 years show a clear trend he can't stay healthy and statistically isn't even a top 15 passer but you think he'll improve.

You pay for sure things when the player when is asking for $230m in guarantees - not for projections.

I can say the same thing about your thinking. You think he'll improve when the last 2 years show a clear trend he can't stay healthy and statistically isn't even a top 15 passer but you think he'll improve.

You pay for sure things when the player when is asking for $230m in guarantees - not for projections.
Let's just agree to disagree the Patriots have more pressing problems.

His last 2 years, playoff performances and health concerns do not support your claim....
MVP season and the only player in the NFL that DCs cannot solve.. I'd say he has more than enough information than your claim to support what's already on tape..

I'm jealous I sure wish the Patriots had the Ravens problems @ QB.
Exactly!! I ask those to show me a player in the NFL DCs can't solve? Allen is great so is mahomes but they can be solved you won't fully contain them but they ain't LJ..

Footballs fans are hypocrites if the shoe were on the our foot and we drafted Lamar Jackson you would all be singing a different tune. Regardless some Team will back up the brinks truck for Lamar Jackson because he's worth it. Ask BB what he thinks of him??
200.gif
I don't disagree with this, but I think it's the two first rounders in addition to the Brinks truck that are turning other teams away from him.

I think the better question to be asking, if Lamar is worth it, why aren't the Ravens paying him? They want him but with the ability to get out from his contract if the wheels come off the bus. It seems like that's probably what he's going to have to face if no other team is willing to sign him to an offer sheet.

I don't disagree with this, but I think it's the two first rounders in addition to the Brinks truck that are turning other teams away from him.

I think the better question to be asking, if Lamar is worth it, why aren't the Ravens paying him? They want him but with the ability to get out from his contract if the wheels come off the bus. It seems like that's probably what he's going to have to face if no other team is willing to sign him to an offer sheet.
The Ravens knew what they were doing with the tag.. no team is going to give up that draft capital.. the only negative from LJs camp is his mother is acting as his representative.. that may be a hindrance to his contract.. he was offered a dam good contract, but it was reported LJ was looking for the guaranteed money like Watson got...

I am sure the Ravens Fan base don't want to see Lamar Jackson go and the owners want fannys in the seats the Ravens have a dilemma there.

I am sure the Ravens Fan base don't want to see Lamar Jackson go and the owners want fannys in the seats the Ravens have a dilemma there.
Agreed. But I think the Ravens and Lamar Jackson will have a serious conversation when it's clear that no other team will do an offer sheet. I'm betting they get something hammered out, but it's always possible he plays under the tag for a year or two.

The Ravens knew what they were doing with the tag.. no team is going to give up that draft capital.. the only negative from LJs camp is his mother is acting as his representative.. that may be a hindrance to his contract.. he was offered a dam good contract, but it was reported LJ was looking for the guaranteed money like Watson got...
With the way he uses his body do you blame him or his Mother Agent? I don't.

Let's just agree to disagree the Patriots have more pressing problems.
The guys just flat out phenomenal to watch, we have to appreciate having guys like Lamar in the league.. guys like him mike vick, early on Cam brung some swagger and excitement to the NFL.

Oh I'm with you brother, just saying that the issue is the guranteed money LJs camp wanted more guranteed.. can't blame him at all..

The guys just flat out phenomenal to watch, we have to appreciate having guys like Lamar in the league.. guys like him mike vick, early on Cam brung some swagger and excitement to the NFL.
Yeah I don't think they give the NFL MVP to just anyone.

I think with a real agent he would have a contract that he was happy with right now. Or he could create the impression that there were teams who really want him. He would also be in a place where he could suggest to the Ravens brass that he'd like better receivers or blockers or whatever else. Right now, he's a guy who no one else wants to sign an offer sheet to.

Like you I can look at a situation from an unbias viewpoint. :)
Yes sir, we've had alot of success in NE so we can appreciate when another player is NFL MVP worthy.. so worthy that look at the Ravens with and without him.. he has weapons andrews and Bateman.. thier defense is phenomenal with smith at LB.. I love the NFL as a whole can definitely appreciate great players . Question for you can you let me know how many all pro players were named all pro in the BB era?

I don't really have an opinion on Lamar Jackson. I get why the franchise wants to see what we have in Mac rather than giving up two first round picks and a boatload of money. But my question is how well do you think his body is going to hold up if we did sign him to a long-term contract?
So he's been hurt twice working in the pocket. It's not like he's got hurt running the ball. He's definitely taking some shots but Jesus has anyone watched Burrow or Allen and the hits they've taken?? It's football, players get hurt as we've seen with our own QB.

Most of the people pointing to his injuries are the same ones who thought he would suck. The same ones who said he'll never be good and haven't come off that stance they've had since the draft.

The guy didn't have any injuries coming into the league. Avoids hits as well as any player in the league and is only 26. I'm not passing on a great player bc he might get hurt. It's football. That type of thinking would get laughed out the room in an NFL room where half the players are hurt all the time. It's just the reality of the game.

One problem is too many are thinking about "long term" when that's just

I wonder if that's the problem, because he's demanding a long-term, fully guaranteed contract?
Daniel Jones deal is essentially a two year deal. You can get out of most of these contracts after a short time, most of the time.

It's a 2-4 year league. Not 5-10 and most contracts reflect that.

Also and again youre gambling on someone and they could get hurt just as easily as the next guy. There's nothing to suggest "running QB's" get hurt more and Jackson has been hurt in the pocket. Not enough to scare me from a top 3 QB when he's peaking and top 10-12 on his worst day.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back