PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Not Expected to Be in the Mix for Lamar Jackson

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
good

is there a specific thread for this whole Lamar saga? People are freaking out because the Ravens is a well managed franchise and did their math that is not worth paying Lamar all that money, crippling the team finances and losing the player or games in December because said player is banged up, IR'd or figured out by DCs. They learned their lesson with Flacco that as soon as he got that record setting contract he sit on that money and became mediocre.

Lamar is the most overrated player in the NYFL and doesn't have a clutch bone in his body. He's the Jason Tatum of the NYFL.

Season 6 Reaction GIF by Parks and Recreation

Glad this is not happening.

Yeah I don't see us gambling on 2 first round picks on a guy who hasn't been the role model of health when we have lots of needs at other spots and what we have at QB is adequate (and hopefully more than that)

good

is there a specific thread for this whole Lamar saga? People are freaking out because the Ravens is a well managed franchise and did their math that is not worth paying Lamar all that money, crippling the team finances and losing the player or games in December because said player is banged up, IR'd or figured out by DCs. They learned their lesson with Flacco that as soon as he got that record setting contract he sit on that money and became mediocre.
There is, but I shut it down and moved to this one since this is the most relevant news for the Patriots. At least if this one continues, it contains the bit about the team not being involved should anyone come in here and stumble across it.

good

Yeah everyone's freaking out saying "look what Daniel Jones got! Look what Derick carr got! Look what geno got!" They didn't get fully guaranteed contracts that will cripple their franchise if he gets injured.

Ravens offered him a very good deal but he rejected it because he wants fully guaranteed

I get why Lamar wants it. Because deshaun Watson got it. But that's because the browns are idiots. That isn't the norm. And I have a feeling that contract is going to look really bad in a couple years maybe sooner.

how much is a fun game, how much guaranteed is the real game. Money you might maybe get is better than money nobody even can be held to, without a new contract, but it's not the real money. So the logical ask is "GIVE ME ALL THE MONEY" just as a starting point, but usually you come down from that price

I get why Lamar wants it. Because deshaun Watson got it. But that's because the browns are idiots. That isn't the norm. And I have a feeling that contract is going to look really bad in a couple years maybe sooner.
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

I wouldn't bash other Teams QB when they are worlds better than the one we have.

But look on the bright side ... Oh, I almost forgot, that's impossible for you. It would involve rooting for the Patriots.

Ok Lamar....final question before we sign you to hundreds of millions of dollars....what do you call THIS??? (hint since we don't have all year..starts with a C and ends with a t'''

images

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back