PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Minicamp 6-7-2022

"It’s early, but the Pats might have something with Nixon as a slot receiver. "

"From left to right: Brown, Strange, Andrews, Ownenu, and Wynn. "

"When the defense broke the huddle for the first time on Tuesday, incumbent starter Jalen Mills and Terrance Mitchel were the outside corners. Mills had some battles with DeVante Parker and N’Keal Harry, with Parker getting the best of him and a pass breakup on Harry. Mitchell wasn’t targeted much but was on the field for a few coverage “sacks” with top defenders. Malcolm Butler also worked in at times, while Jonathan Jones was the top option in the slot."

"Parker’s ability to make contested catches and run crisp intermediate routes is showing up consistently this spring."

"Thornton is still mostly repping with the two’s during team drills, but he was more involved than during the OTA practices. The speedy wideout can certainly clear out coverage, and he was targeted a few times on underneath drag routes to give him chances to run with the football. "

"Wade, whose best collegiate tape at Ohio State was as a bigger nickel corner, is playing in the slot most of the time this spring. With slot corners such as Jon Jones, Myles Bryant, and rookie Marcus Jones there to handle the smaller, faster slots, the team could look at Wade as a matchup defender for bigger slot receivers. It’s a crowded depth chart for Wade to carve out a role as a nickel corner, but you can see it happening based on the matchups. "

Last edited:
There was a bit of a scrum at the very end of practice. Matthew Judon recovered a fumble, and Cole Strange tackled him from the ground. Judon seemed to take exception, and the two had to be separated.

And so it begins. There's going to be a lot of this. Remember when Bruski complained to his wife about Mankins in training camp? Great stuff.

I hope Brown stays at LT. That position needs to get better. Wynn may fare better on the right side.

There were good reports about Jack Jones. I think he’s going to be the next star CB who came out of nowhere.
Don’t waste your time trying to correct him with facts or informed opinions of actual practice observers.

Good news: Mac was cooking.

Bad news: secondary blows.

This shouldn't be a shock to anybody.

"There is no defense against a perfect pass. I can throw a perfect pass." Dan Marino. So you can be negative about the secondary, or positive about Mac's perfect passing - your choice ;)

Last edited:
Exciting stuff, lots of changes and new faces.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back