PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Minicamp 6-7-2022

Looks like Patriots.com will have todays session live...but I'm not sure they can show what is going on. I believe in the past they talked about what was happening instead. We'll see.

COMING UP TUESDAY, JUNE 7: 11:30 AM, Bill Belichick Presser; 11:45 AM, Patriots Unfiltered Live from Minicamp | THURSDAY, JUNE 9, 11:45 AM, Patriots Unfiltered Live from Minicamp

Last edited:
Why would anyone want to hear what either Uche or Perkins have to say? Shouldn't they first have to do something, anything, on the field before they're given their own little press conference?

Looks like Patriots.com will have todays session live...but I'm not sure they can show what is going on. I believe in the past they talked about what was happening instead. We'll see.

COMING UP TUESDAY, JUNE 7: 11:30 AM, Bill Belichick Presser; 11:45 AM, Patriots Unfiltered Live from Minicamp | THURSDAY, JUNE 9, 11:45 AM, Patriots Unfiltered Live from Minicamp

Harry is there

EDIT:

"Harry’s return to practice was … less than stellar. Most of his reps came with Zappe and the third-string offense, and he caught just one of his four targets in competitive team drills. During one period, Harry was part of a small group of skill players that ran prescribed routes against the Patriots’ top defensive backs while the rest of the offense repped full 11-on-11 drills, indicating his place in the team’s wide receiver hierarchy. On his final rep, he was too easily outmuscled by Mills for a pass breakup — a problem that has plagued the 6-foot-4, 225-pound wideout throughout his career. He can’t be viewed as anything other than a roster long shot as training camp approaches."

Last edited:
Why would anyone want to hear what either Uche or Perkins have to say? Shouldn't they first have to do something, anything, on the field before they're given their own little press conference?

Another “great” take. The media very likely disagrees with you. I don’t know this for sure but my guess is that the beat writers talk to Stacey James about which players they’d like to hear from. Unless it is the starting quarterback, a superstar or an established veteran who consistently provides interesting or controversial takes/quotes (Bourne, for example), media members likely look forward to the opportunity to hear from the high profile rookies and young veterans who are expected to take on new responsibilities/roles during the upcoming season.

If the Patriots 2022 defense is going to be successful, Uche and Perkins are likely going to have to become a legitimate starters/contributors (at least one of them). Why wouldn’t we want to hear from them? It also gives the beat writers another article to write, even if the players’ responses are intentionally bland, as most interviews with young Pats players are. Coming up with fresh things to write about at this time of the off-season is challenging. This is not Patsfans.com, where the same topic is discussed (ie. beaten to death) in multiple threads at the same time. The beat writers need new topics, which leads to more clicks.

Hopefully it means the coaching staff likes what they saw in practice and has plans for them this year. Clearly this defense is much better if those two step up after learning the system and going through a year or two of bulking up.

BB helping out the Defense...

1654619893581.png
1654619917643.png

Judge now giving plays to Mac / Matt working with Oline per Unfiltered

Both Ernie and Ivan present

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back