PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Injuries Are Piling Up Quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are some of you so quick to anger? OP was just making an observation. Whether or not you agree isn't cause for throwing a tantrum at them. If you don't have anything intelligent to say in response then bite your tongue keep your mouth shut (or hands off the keyboard in this case).

I disagree that injuries are piling up fast. As a matter of fact, many of these "injuries" are routine and just happen from playing the game. There have been bad injuries, but not that many. Either way, I don't think there's reason to worry especially at week 1 of preseason of all times. I just think most of you need to chill out, get over yourselves, and think rationally - hell! Think at all - before responding to a thread you disagree with. It only adds fuel to a waste of a fire. What's the point in throwing a tantrum over it?

I'm confident Brady will have at least a mostly healthy team by the time he returns.

Go Pats!

I just want Sheard and Gronk back..not much news on either front for their returns

No, I'm looking to have a debate. Go back to 2010 when the rebuilding process was in full swing. What season, other than 2014, has the team not gotten the injury bug? They always do. There are reasons for that, which I highlighted in my last two posts. You're clearly not interested in a discussion, though. You flew off the handle the minute someone said something less than glowing about the team, as you usually tend to do (your behavior in the Edelman boot thread is an embarrassing example of this). And, if that was your version of a joke, it was completely humorless. Please don't quit your day job.

Dude, you need to understand that injury bugs happen to several teams every year, some worse then others, but a few teams come down with it on an extreme level like we, and the ravens did last year. This year there are several teams already facing their turn at it (look at the bills)

The only difference between the Patriots and the many other teams it regularly happenes to each season is, the patriots are usually top Super Bowl contenders. So when it Hits us, it feels a lot worse because the "what could've been" feeling is a lot more realistic, there for in turn we feel like we have it 100x worse then other teams around the league.

Dude, you need to understand that injury bugs happen to several teams every year, some worse then others, but a few teams come down with it on an extreme level like we, and the ravens did last year. This year there are several teams already facing their turn at it (look at the bills)

The only difference between the Patriots and the many other teams it regularly happenes to each season is, the patriots are usually top Super Bowl contenders. So when it Hits us, it feels a lot worse because the "what could've been" feeling is a lot more realistic, there for in turn we feel like we have it 100x worse then other teams around the league.

It's happened to the Patriots in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2015. The team always has to sustain their slew of injuries every year with 2013 and 2015 being particularly bad. The reason for this is discussed in some of my previous posts and it's twofold: the Patriots playing more games than most of the NFL year in and year out on top of the fact that the Patriots are every team's "Super Bowl". It's not a mystery and it's not something that we're "feeling". It's actually happening.

It's not a mystery and it's not something that we're "feeling". It's actually happening.
I'd be interested in seeing some numbers tied to that. Not saying you're wrong. But someone should compare the number of Pats' guys on IR, and number of games lost to injury overall, compared to other teams/league average over the past few years.

I mean, somebody should do it. I'm too lazy, but somebody should. Or maybe it's already out there somewhere.

I wish there was a Detonate button on this thread.

I wish there was a Detonate button on this thread.

giphy.gif

Is there an eye roll emoji?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes