Patriots Injuries Are Piling Up Quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Injuries Are Piling Up Quickly

Steve Balestrieri

The team wraps up the 3-day joint practices with the Bears today, But the injury bug, which so decimated the team a year ago, is raising its ugly head again

Continue reading...

Of course they are. This is the Patriots we're talking about. In the last six seasons, with only one season being the exception, the injuries have piled up quickly. Sadly, it looks like it's happening again this season.

Are we following the same team?

Mitchell at practice after injury...

Ninkovich too...

Gronk's injury deemed minor...

So far this year is shaping up less like an injury epidemic, and more like a movie Mrs. Rover might watch on the Hallmark Channel...

A_Season_for_Miracles_1999_8051034.jpg

I just expect it every year now so this is nothing new

I just expect it every year now so this is nothing new

Exactly. It's an exercise in futility to expect this team to remain among the most healthy teams in the league. They play too many games every season and get the opponent's very best in every game. That won't happen. 2014 was the exception.

Exactly. It's an exercise in futility to expect this team to remain among the most healthy teams in the league. They play too many games every season and get the opponent's very best in every game. That won't happen. 2014 was the exception.

Well f*ck, then season over and it doesn't even start for another 3 weeks.

Seriously guys don't even bother to watch the season. gonna go 0-4 with Garoppolo because he's been "dog ****" in practice and when Brady comes back the team will just be riddled with injuries even though currently the only long term injuries on the team are Rob Ninkovich and Malcolm Mitchell..

Seriously guys don't even bother to watch the season. gonna go 0-4 with Garoppolo because he's been "dog ****" in practice and when Brady comes back the team will just be riddled with injuries even though currently the only long term injuries on the team are Rob Ninkovich and Malcolm Mitchell..

LOL. You seriously need to get laid, bud.

I have to wonder where in this thread I said that the season was over? Can anybody pull that quote for me? Or was that a just your everyday straw man? What I said was that the team usually tends to get it's fair share of injuries. Other than 2014, what season am I wrong about? Note that I specified the last six seasons. There's a reason for that: they go deep into the playoffs every year and they tend to get every team's best (I.E. - the Pats are that team's Super Bowl). I said nothing about the season being over. @JMC needs to break himself off a piece, because I'm not understanding where the disagreement is there. Or where the anger is coming from. JMC, are you trying to make the assertion that this team is typically among the healthiest in the league? Please share your thoughts.

Some other issues going on here that you may need to get checked out

Says the idiot who is on here whining about injuries that haven't happened yet .

Don't worry. One day you will kiss a girl. See my last post and let's have a discussion. Or you could just continue to be a douche bag with zero personality. Your choice.

Some other issues going on here that you may need to get checked out

My fu**king word. You and kontradiction go right to the personal insults when someone questions you, huh?

You two are complaining about stuff that hasn't even happened and I made a joke about it and what do you two do? Start with the personal attacks.

Don't worry. One day you will kiss a girl. See my last post and let's have a discussion. Or you could just continue to be a douche bag with zero personality. Your choice.

Again with the personal petty attacks because I made a little joke about you complaining about injuries that haven't even happened yet.

My fu**king word. You and kontradiction go right to the personal insults when someone questions you, huh?

You two are complaining about stuff that hasn't even happened and I made a joke about it and what do you two do? Start with the personal attacks.

No, I'm looking to have a debate. Go back to 2010 when the rebuilding process was in full swing. What season, other than 2014, has the team not gotten the injury bug? They always do. There are reasons for that, which I highlighted in my last two posts. You're clearly not interested in a discussion, though. You flew off the handle the minute someone said something less than glowing about the team, as you usually tend to do (your behavior in the Edelman boot thread is an embarrassing example of this). And, if that was your version of a joke, it was completely humorless. Please don't quit your day job.

Again with the personal petty attacks because I made a little joke about you complaining about injuries that haven't even happened yet.

Who was complaining or whining? I certainly wasn't. I made an observation about what tends to happen to this team because they play a game that is a war of attrition and they usually play more games than 90% of the league while getting their opponent's best shot week in and week out. That's why they're usually banged up. If this year is different, then great. But, much like 2014, it would certainly be the exception and not the rule.

No, I'm looking to have a debate. Go back to 2010 when the rebuilding process was in full swing. What season, other than 2014, has the team not gotten the injury bug? They always do. There are reasons for that, which I highlighted in my last two posts. You're clearly not interested in a discussion, though. You flew off the handle the minute someone said something less than glowing about the team, as you usually tend to do. And, if that was your version of a joke, it was completely humorless. Please don't quit your day job.

Oh piss off. You weren't looking to have any debate. Your response was "Go get laid" and then you decided to cover you ass with a follow up post to make it seem like you did.

This is the debate

You: "Injuries have ruined every season except one and it seems like they are gonna ruin this season too"
Me: "They haven't ruined this season yet"
You: "F**k you"

Not sure why we have to continue after that.

So far this year is shaping up less like an injury epidemic, and more like a movie Mrs. Rover might watch on the Hallmark Channel...

we haven't lost anyone for the year, have we? very misleading thread title.

Agreed. Isn't the team actually doing really well with injuries thus far?

Oh piss off. You weren't looking to have any debate. Your response was "Go get laid" and then you decided to cover you ass with your follow post to make it seem like you did.

This is the debate

You: "Injuries have ruined every season except one and it seems like it is gonna ruin this season too"
Me: "They haven't ruined this season yet"
You: "F**k you"

Not sure why we have to continue after that.

So memory, on top of possible frustration, is an issue. Let's take a stroll down Memory Lane, shall we?

This was my post before you entered the thread. Instead of trying to use past seasons within the given time frame from my previous post (six seasons, dating back to 2010) to have a discussion on the matter, you trotted this out...

When you start off your response with a straw man, you're not really trying to have an honest discussion on the matter. Nowhere in this thread did I give up hope on the season. Actually, I think the Pats will take the Lombardi this year one way or another. Then you doubled down on that straw man with more ridiculousness which you are now trying to deem a "joke"? And you're wondering why I didn't take you seriously from the jump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back