PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots hosting Malcolm Butler for a tryout

Not sure what happened to Butler. Seemed to fall off a cliff in Tennessee.

Maybe he is a scheme for here and can't regain some of his former glory
Odds are against him. Hes 32 and didn't play last year.

I don’t have major expectations but thats just so nice to see

Edit : thanks a bunch @venecol !!

Last edited:
I'm surprisingly happy with this signing.

Loved Butler here. Hated the way it ended, but also thought he didn't play nearly as well that last year.

EDIT: Oh ffs, is this real or is someone on Twitter being an ass?

Last edited:

Not sure if this is legit. It's from 5 hours ago, and he also has Mayfield to Seattle 2 hours ago, I've seen nothing anywhere else. Very few followers.

I hope it's true though.

Not sure if this is legit. It's from 5 hours ago, and he also has Mayfield to Seattle 2 hours ago, I've seen nothing anywhere else. Very few followers.

I hope it's true though.
Yea, sorry guys. Looks like this guy likes to joke around.

If both BB and Malcom are able to put the past behind them, it probably means that the real story is not as bad as the crazy speculation. Gilmore jokes aside, I do think this helps the teams reputation with other players. This is a good story, especially if he makes the team.

THIS. People underscore the fact that BB never disses a player on the way out. In fact, other that FredEx, who has he dissed ?

Did he diss Albert Haynesworth? Hazy memory but I think he might have questioned his professionalism

Although he's in the "old" category, he just turned 32. He started late at 24 and after being semi-retired last year, he only has 7 seasons of wear & tear on him. Not sure how fast he is at this point, but I think it's worth a shot for him in camp. Depending who we grab in the draft, he could be a lot better option than Williams and Bryant.

I hope it's true though.
I think John Swift is the same person that posted this tweet in this thread.

Is this …..April Fool’s Day!? Come on there is no way he would come back here after what happened…..wow

He has never bashed BB for it. That may indicate that he realizes that it was justified, whatever the reason was.

He has never bashed BB for it. That may indicate that he realizes that it was justified, whatever the reason was.
I tend to agree. And BB has always been absolutely tight lipped about it.

I mean, if more concern - imo - is this one year sabbatical. He leaves money on the table to sort out some personal business from a workplace that is time sensitive (you only get X number of years to play in the league)….

No thank you

This whole situation has become the JFK assassination.

There is nothing to think about.

Malcolm wasn't 100% physically and mentally ready to play and the coaching staff made a decision.

At the time Malcolm was pissed but admitted that to be the case.

Thats all it was and all it will ever be.
If that were the case, he would've been made inactive.

99% of fans acting like it was the right decision were probably yelling at their TV to play him.

I'm surprisingly happy with this signing.

Loved Butler here. Hated the way it ended, but also thought he didn't play nearly as well that last year.

EDIT: Oh ffs, is this real or is someone on Twitter being an ass?
It's not like he was horrific in every game that year. He made a game winning play against the Steelers late in the year, tackling the WR in bounds/not letting him get out, forcing Steelers to hurry for the next play which resulted in Big Ben throw that end-zone pick.

If that were the case, he would've been made inactive.
Not necessarily. Maybe they were hopeful he could play meaningful snaps but he wasn't physically able due to illness.
99% of fans acting like it was the right decision were probably yelling at their TV to play him.
Maybe there wasn't a decision to make?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back