PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots hosting Malcolm Butler for a tryout

If he signs here, I will not know what to think any more about his benching. One, he is willing to come back to this same group that treated him like that and two, this same group that treated him like that want him back. What the hell????
Tells me that people change and mature. Malcolm likely learned a lot be playing for a couple other places where he wasn't a super bowl hero. I'd guess that there's not a lot of suitors for his services, and even if he's making "short" money, he still can make a lot of money playing football. Better to at least investigate what the Patriots offer. From the Patriots POV, they have a need and a player they are familiar with, warts and all. Not so much of a learning curve on how he will respond to coaching.

If nothing else, the Pats owe it to him to give him a shot at making the team.

I'm calling it now, Butler intercepts Brady to seal the SB for the Pats!

Wake me when Gilmore comes walking through that door!

Wake me when Gilmore comes walking through that door!
That one will blow me away and I will just stop thinking period. I will have said no chance in hell but with the Bulter try out, I don't know where I stand anymore when it comes to things I know about this team.

Redemption song - just not sure for who...

THIS. People underscore the fact that BB never disses a player on the way out. In fact, other that FredEx, who has he dissed ?
And Fred didn't play for us....

Corner position is a mess at the moment. Biggest need heading into the draft.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Worth a look, he must still be in his 20s….

'Feel good' development..........or.......................panic move ?

I thought the point of this offseason was to get younger not to run after 30+ players.

What is the next move? Resign Hightower for 5+ years? Trade for Brady? Sign Gronk ? Make Welker come out of retirement with Randy Moss?

BB is back to his free agent week 2 activity. Don't know how much cap space the much needed Brown signing eats up and Fournette probably won't come cheap. Butler would be an interesting story if it pans out. I look at him as an adequate placeholder at CB and then draft a quality CB . The next few days should be interesting.

I'm guessing he and fat Patricia have smoothed things

Maybe they are trying to get Gilmore back and bringing in Butler for a tryout is leverage.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back