PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots hosting Malcolm Butler for a tryout

If he signs here, I will not know what to think any more about his benching. One, he is willing to come back to this same group that treated him like that and two, this same group that treated him like that want him back. What the hell????
Only one person has control over who plays for the team, not a group.

I was always surprised at how quiet Butler has been about his benching during the SB. He seemed to have handled it better than many of our fans. That tells me that he actually did something wrong and the severity of that has never been revealed by either side.

Butler never seemed to be one of Bill's favorites for some reason.

3 pages and no Butler pick gif

bff63bae607772728f99585fb60bf3ef.gif

Edit: It really was such an unbelievable play/read/moment - arguably the best in Patriots' and NFL history.
The greatest play in SB history.

I know there was a play in between, but going from the Kearse catch to this was probably the biggest low to high swing I've ever had in my sports watching life.
Incredible swing. I wanted to kill Duron Harmon and then I wanted to hug Malcolm Butler.

During this time, while the world was falling apart around him, Belichick was saying we've got this. He was right.

Incredible swing. I wanted to kill Duron Harmon and then I wanted to hug Malcolm Butler.

During this time, while the world was falling apart around him, Belichick was saying we've got this. He was right.

I honestly thought it was Tyree/Manningham version 3.0. I'm not a superstitious guy, but I considered the idea that we were legitimately cursed.

My insider sources are telling me he nailed the tryout.

No thanks, Malcolm’s done.

He has never bashed BB for it. That may indicate that he realizes that it was justified, whatever the reason was.

True, but it could go the other way as well: Butler, knowing that it was a contract year ending in him being benched for the SB, saw that it was in his best interest to not draw attention to that, maintain an image of a team player, and do whatever he could to ensure that the SB did as little speaking for his next payday as it could.

However, we're both speaking with the same absence of context, so by no means am I saying I'm more correct. Just food for thought.

True, but it could go the other way as well: Butler, knowing that it was a contract year ending in him being benched for the SB, saw that it was in his best interest to not draw attention to that, maintain an image of a team player, and do whatever he could to ensure that the SB did as little speaking for his next payday as it could.

However, we're both speaking with the same absence of context, so by no means am I saying I'm more correct. Just food for thought.
Let's start a thread about it I don't think there ever has been one.

This makes complete sense. You're looking for your next gig, a big payday, and your former employer is a force majeure in NFL circles with connections in all 32 teams and inside the league offices.

Day after SB:

MB: Coach WTF?
BB: Listen Malcolm, you're a nice kid, I'll give you a good reference. Now STFU and get out of my office.
MB: OK Coach.

This thread is really trying to be the next Malcolm Butler Mega Thread but sadly...it just seems to miss the mark.

This makes complete sense. You're looking for your next gig, a big payday, and your former employer is a force majeure in NFL circles with connections in all 32 teams and inside the league offices.

Day after SB:

MB: Coach WTF?
BB: Listen Malcolm, you're a nice kid, I'll give you a good reference. Now STFU and get out of my office.
MB: OK Coach.
My only question is why does his silence extend beyond his next signing? Definitely something different than what we're used to seeing with chilled relationships. It's sorta refreshing.

This thread is really trying to be the next Malcolm Butler Mega Thread but sadly...it just seems to miss the mark.
we could merge it

My only question is why does his silence extend beyond his next signing? Definitely something different than what we're used to seeing with chilled relationships. It's sorta refreshing.
He's still in the NFL or trying to be anyway.

Between him and Slow-Juan, who would you trust more in coverage, not as a one or even a two, but as a backup? I think, Malcolm.

Like I said I think Malcolm is done, and while I’m disappointed in Williams I think the role is different than one Butler would play.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back