PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots GM Search

Kraft’s handling of Curtis Martin should’ve been his one and only lesson to let others handle the situation.

How do you call Patricia/judge a failure when it wa significantly more production than BOB?

How does my logic say no qb improves? My argument is 10 sucks and it was clear very early on.
Patricia was a failure. If Kraft was willing to let Bill make decisions until he turned 80, then perhaps Kraft should have allowed Bill to keep Patricia, the very awesome OL coach.
=========
I agree that BOB was no better.

HOWEVER, perhaps BOB should be given another chance, with more freedom to make decisions than last year. Note that I am fine with replaced BOB with Josh. If that isn't possible, I think that BOB should be given another chance.

Perhaps, after Patricia's excellent season in PHI, you think that he should be re-hired to replace BOB.

Patricia was a failure. If Kraft was willing to let Bill make decisions until he turned 80, then perhaps Kraft should have allowed Bill to keep Patricia, the very awesome OL coach.
=========
I agree that BOB was no better.

HOWEVER, perhaps BOB should be given another chance, with more freedom to make decisions than last year. Note that I am fine with replaced BOB with Josh. If that isn't possible, I think that BOB should be given another chance.

Perhaps, after Patricia's excellent season in PHI, you think that he should be re-hired to replace BOB.
So Patricia was 17th in the NFL in scoring and that was a failure but BOB was 31st and he should be given another chance.

Patricia was the problem when they were about average in scoring and everything else was the problem when they dropped to 31st.

Wonder why you spew that.

so with Wolf im fine but Groh? get ready for some other Thornton and JuJu instead of Meyers FA
It is interesting that you think that Thornton was a free agent.

So Patricia was 17th in the NFL in scoring and that was a failure but BOB was 31st and he should be given another chance.

Patricia was the problem when they were about average in scoring and everything else was the problem when they dropped to 31st.

Wonder why you spew that.
Do you think that we should rehire Patricia. Perhaps his excellent skills as an OL coach would give us success with Love (and worse) playing LT

Why would you wait until after the draft to hire a new GM? That's one of the vital pieces to the rebuild!

I fear the rumor that the Patriots staying put with Groh/Wolf are true.

No new hires, just retreads keeping in house staff.

What was the point of punting BB out the door if you're just going to repeat the same mistakes over and over again?

If I'm not mistaken wasn't Groh the guy who stacked those draft boards that yielded the scrubs that the Patriots ended up picking?
I don't think that this is a time to hire a GM and staff (Wolf and Groh would move on), and try to succeed in free agency and in the draft.

I will ALWAYS support the team. They can do whatever idiotic things they want to but I will always support the team and I will ultimately always look optimistically at them.
Did I misinterpret your post where you posted that it would be several years before we are competitive?

Is that "optimism"?

Do you think that we should rehire Patricia. Perhaps his excellent skills as an OL coach would give us success with Love (and worse) playing LT
Did I say that?
Why are you making things up?

Did I misinterpret your post where you posted that it would be several years before we are competitive?

Is that "optimism"?
Do you understand the meaning of the word ULTIMATELY?

I can kind of see the logic in them going for a special WR high, giving Mac another try with his BFF Josh and an HC that he may jive a bit better with in Mayo, and in the meantime also drafting JJ McCarthy, Bo Nix or Michael Penix later to develop them behind Mac - and probably bring in a low cost veteran, also.
You forgot the sarcasm emoji

I don't think that this is a time to hire a GM and staff (Wolf and Groh would move on), and try to succeed in free agency and in the draft.
Why not? The rest of the entire NFL hires their new GMs and Coaching staff around this time of the year.

The Patriots keep trying to ZAG when the rest of the NFL ZIGs and in case you haven't noticed, that hasn't been working out.

This could be us, but we’d rather make our GM a platoon job ran by a couple nerds.

I causes me physical pain to watch St. Brown play. I’ll never understand how he lasted until the 4th round. I remember praying that the Pats would take him in the 3rd. Probably would have been a better pick than Perkins.

Interesting

I have a news flash for everyone, nobody has a 100% hit rate in the draft or FA. Saying "X picked a bad guy once" isn't the sweet "pwnage" of your posting enemies you think it is.

Bill got fired because the overall results he got as de facto GM from at least 2019-on were awful when it came to offensive players. Nobody is arguing he was literally always wrong or that everyone on staff that he overruled was always right, that's some transparent straw man BS by and for morons.

He had final say (to include taking Mac, we literally have him on video doing it in real time) and the result was the offensive talent rotted away. There is zero mystery here.

I have a news flash for everyone, nobody has a 100% hit rate in the draft or FA. Saying "X picked a bad guy once" isn't the sweet "pwnage" of your posting enemies you think it is.

Bill got fired because the overall results he got as de facto GM from at least 2019-on were awful when it came to offensive players. Nobody is arguing he was literally always wrong or that everyone on staff that he overruled was always right, that's some transparent straw man BS by and for morons.

He had final say (to include taking Mac, we literally have him on video doing it in real time) and the result was the offensive talent rotted away. There is zero mystery here.

the last Pro bowl quality skill player we drafted was Gronk in 2010. thats 14 years ago.

that's crazy for any NFL team....

This could be us, but we’d rather make our GM a platoon job ran by a couple nerds.

Most people on this forum think we need more analytics and nerds. Moar analytics! Stats! Stats!

the last Pro bowl quality skill player we drafted was Gronk in 2010. thats 14 years ago.

that's crazy for any NFL team....
Adding a skill player modifier is a strange requirement.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back