PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots GM Search

3 years and 4-13 later it's easy to act like you knew all along Mac Jones would be bad. i'm just saying the decision to stick with a young QB to see if they develop is not some unprecedented bad decision. its actually fairly common.

in hindsight sure they should've traded him after year 1. but half this board would've had a fit if they traded a rookie QB who just lead them to the playoffs and looked decent (at that time)

its like saying the eagles shouldve traded carson wentz after his mvp season....because surely they would know he would be ass later.
Except it didn’t take until then to know, so that’s bs.
You stuck with them if they prove worthy. You don’t close your eyes and check back after 3 years. MANY QBs have been moved in from after 2 years.

I don’t care about “half the board having a fit” I care about winning. And no they shouldn’t have traded him after year 1, you needed ti give him a chance to respond to defenses taking away what he wants to do and challenging him to be a real qb. 2022 made it pretty clear.

Philly dumped wentz as soon as they concluded he wasn’t good.
You seem to think there is supposed to be a timetable that applies to everyone and what they do before your magical deadline is irrelevant.

if you really think patrcia/judge were good OC's after all we know i really have no point to argue with you. and you know saying he was better than BOB is a pure and utter joke. i've been over this before. but worse talent, much tougher SOS, injuries etc. all can have a factor on the productions.

doesn't make Patricia a good OC.

theres a reason the eagles didn't hire patricia as an OC. apparently the media, the analysts, the players (bourne, meyers) no one else saw the genius of the offense patricia ran.

everyone lied when they told us it was a pop warner offense.
Was the offense better in 2022 or 2023?

Never said Patricia a was a a good OC. He wasn’t OC by the way.
But the offense was better in 2022 than 2023.

He stepped in to help fill a hole for a season. Blaming him ignores that what followed was worse.

Opinions don’t overrule results.

I thought Ian made a thread a while back about people derailing multiple threads with the same take over and over and over.

Or was that a fever dream.

If we are going outside hire, I think we should try to poach someone from SF, Philly or even Miami

Those are the teams that I've seen to go through major backroom changes and come out with great results.

Philly specially seems to be doing everything right, but I'll be the first to say that I don't follow the NFL like I used to, so a lot of blind spots on my thoughts here.

ALSO, I know it's not the place, but if we could trade the 3rd pick for a bunch of 1sts, I would be favorable, specially if none of the QBs available are a "slam dunk"

3 years and 4-13 later it's easy to act like you knew all along Mac Jones would be bad. i'm just saying the decision to stick with a young QB to see if they develop is not some unprecedented bad decision. its actually fairly common.

in hindsight sure they should've traded him after year 1. but half this board would've had a fit if they traded a rookie QB who just lead them to the playoffs and looked decent (at that time)

its like saying the eagles shouldve traded carson wentz after his mvp season....because surely they would know he would be ass later.
I was always anti-Mac.

I just read Wolf will be GM, Groh in charge of FAs.
so with Wolf im fine but Groh? get ready for some other Thornton and JuJu instead of Meyers FA

We're entering a Jerruh Jones type of era?
A guest (local comedian) today on 98.5 talked about Jonathan coveting full control of the franchise and stated that the thought of JK eventually running the Patriots and wanting to be involved in player personnel decisions terrifies him. He compared him to Francis from Pee-wee’s Big Adventure, who obsessively coveted Pee-wee’s bike. That made me laugh.

I’m convinced that he is the ownership puppet-master at this point. Robert’s decisions are really his decisions. I fear that this is going to lead to more emotionally-driven, ill-advised decisions.

Trey lance never played and the 49ers found their guy in purdy. no reason to keep him. different situations

mac is ass I agree. But are we sure the coaches knew that until this year? we also know he had a very good rookie season, and nosedived with patricia/judge. we also know the offense they ran was pop warner.

if Mac nosedived with a real OC (like he did this year) I think the decision is clear. Knowing what we now know about that patricia/judge year and the incompetence. we never could get a real evaluation.

The discussion is that BB told the Krafts that Mac was ass and the Krafts would not let BB trade Mac in the Summer of 2023 and move onto another QB. That is what was reported by Wickersham. If the reporting is correct, BB was correct and the Krafts are idiots.

Not sure what your point is. You don't believe the reporting?

So wait. Phill Perry is saying there will be no new GM?

SO WHOS MAKING THE DECISIONS

the Krafts really are cheap. Holy ****. I didn't think it could get worse.

Yes it is being reported that there will be no GM until maybe after the draft. Yes, the Krafts are super cheap which is not to be confused with spending the whole player salary cap. It will get worse. But that is what people wanted.

That's essentially what Kraft said just framed it in a different light. Kraft said at times someone can become so revered and or powerful that people are afraid to speak out against their ideas/decisions or challenge them. So essentially the same concept but not necessarily him purposely placing yes men around him. But the people around him were nervous to tell him no or disagree with him.

I think that one part of his press conference the other day really explained their thinking and ultimately their decision making process.

It appears they believe they have the right people in place to do better, but in order to let them flourish they needed to remove what they believed was the blocker. Bill.

I personally believe they should of brought in someone with an outside perspective, maybe not even necessarily a different perspective per se, but just someone who has seen it done a different way.
They probably have good draft boards then Bill decided kickers were best

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back