PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots GM Search

Bill is a definite idiot drunk on hubris, don't get me wrong. But he ran flack for Krafts cheapness and poor decisions, imo. I guess we will find out of it really was all Bill's fault but as of right now, judging from the decision to keep everyone on staff with no real process of selecting upper management postions, we will soon find out if it was "all Bills fault". I now don't think it was, and I am a known BB hater on this board. Lol.

Bill is a definite idiot drunk on hubris, don't get me wrong. But he ran flack for Krafts cheapness and poor decisions, imo. I guess we will find out of it really was all Bill's fault but as of right now, judging from the decision to keep everyone on staff with no real process of selecting upper management postions, we will soon find out if it was "all Bills fault". I now don't think it was, and I am a known BB hater on this board. Lol.

well thats what I mean. we will find out pretty soon. all this hiring guys because they are being paid by another team, having the smallest coaching staff. cheaping out on your own players and in free agency. 31st in real cash spending. I mean seemed like every year the patriots acted like a broke college kid who had to scrounge by on scraps. we got juju because he was cheaper! low ball Hopkins with some incentive laden deal because....well we cant pay him what the titans did we need a discount!

are those core Bill philosophies? or is Kraft just cheap?

whatever you think of Mac Jones you generally don't trade your 1st round QB after 2 years. especially when they had a good rookie season and their sophomore season could've been derailed by hiring Patricia/Judge who had no clue on coaching offense

imagine they trade mac jones and he performs well in say the raiders. While we go 4-13 with zappe (it wouldn't have been much better) these same posters would be crying and screaming.

this is not a defense of mac jones. but its just generally unprecedented to trade a QB on a rookie deal after their 2nd year. then again its also unprecedented to not build up the offense around a rookie QB. or to hire a DC/special teams coordinator to coach them.

Mac is ass. The NE coaches knew that. I didn't - I argued for Mac - I am an idiot sometimes. There is no reason to "imagine" because that would never happen and the coaches knew that. The 49ers traded Trey Lance after two years to the Cowboys, and Lance was pick # 3. Why is it unprecedented when it happened last August from the same draft class?

well thats what I mean. we will find out pretty soon. all this hiring guys because they are being paid by another team, having the smallest coaching staff. cheaping out on your own players and in free agency. 31st in real cash spending. I mean seemed like every year the patriots acted like a broke college kid who had to scrounge by on scraps. we got juju because he was cheaper! low ball Hopkins with some incentive laden deal because....well we cant pay him what the titans did we need a discount!

are those core Bill philosophies? or is Kraft just cheap?
I'm pretty confident it's the latter.

whatever you think of Mac Jones you generally don't trade your 1st round QB after 2 years. especially when they had a good rookie season and their sophomore season could've been derailed by hiring Patricia/Judge who had no clue on coaching offense

imagine they trade mac jones and he performs well in say the raiders. While we go 4-13 with zappe (it wouldn't have been much better) these same posters would be crying and screaming.

this is not a defense of mac jones. but its just generally unprecedented to trade a QB on a rookie deal after their 2nd year. then again its also unprecedented to not build up the offense around a rookie QB. or to hire a DC/special teams coordinator to coach them.
Huh? He stinks. When you know that you get rid of him.

If they traded him like BB wanted to do, they would have had a better season. They may have even acquired a mediocre qb and had a pretty good season.

Mac is ass. The NE coaches knew that. I didn't - I argued for Mac - I am an idiot sometimes. There is no reason to "imagine" because that would never happen and the coaches knew that. The 49ers traded Trey Lance after two years to the Cowboys, and Lance was pick # 3. Why is it unprecedented when it happened last August from the same draft class?

Trey lance never played and the 49ers found their guy in purdy. no reason to keep him. different situations

mac is ass I agree. But are we sure the coaches knew that until this year? we also know he had a very good rookie season, and nosedived with patricia/judge. we also know the offense they ran was pop warner.

if Mac nosedived with a real OC (like he did this year) I think the decision is clear. Knowing what we now know about that patricia/judge year and the incompetence. we never could get a real evaluation.

The more I see these pressers and see what's developing, the more I think Kraft is the biggest problem this team has going forward, imho. Bill was willing to eat a lot of **** to cover for Bob's myriad bad decisions.
There is a long list of Kraft decisions and actions that hurt the team.

Huh? He stinks. When you know that you get rid of him.

If they traded him like BB wanted to do, they would have had a better season. They may have even acquired a mediocre qb and had a pretty good season.

easy to say in hindsight. but under the shadow of the failed patricia/judge experiment how could you really know? its not like we had McDaniels or a real OC and he nosedived.

by your logic, no QB's improve after year 2. if thats the case teams would be trading QB's left and right. josh allen, tua, jaylen hurts would all be on different teams.

Trey lance never played and the 49ers found their guy in purdy. no reason to keep him. different situations

mac is ass I agree. But are we sure the coaches knew that until this year? we also know he had a very good rookie season, and nosedived with patricia/judge. we also know the offense they ran was pop warner.

if Mac nosedived with a real OC (like he did this year) I think the decision is clear. Knowing what we now know about that patricia/judge year and the incompetence. we never could get a real evaluation.
Belichick wanted to trade him, so yes he knew.

It has nothing to do with OC.

Here is the evolution of 10s career.
As a rookie, McDaniels protected him, by limiting his decision making and keeping him from throwing the ball down the field. As the season progress defenses figured this out and started defending him accordingly, and he sucked.
In year 2 at the start of the season they took those chains off and encouraged him to throw the ball down the field. He made numerous poor decisions and bad throws. The offense became more productive when we just started calling a bunch of s teens instead of acting like we had a real qb.
This year BOB ran the offense he wants to run as if he had a real QB, and he failed because he didn’t.

You seem to want to argue as this became obvious we should have ignored it.

easy to say in hindsight. but under the shadow of the failed patricia/judge experiment how could you really know? its not like we had McDaniels or a real OC and he nosedived.

by your logic, no QB's improve after year 2. if thats the case teams would be trading QB's left and right. josh allen, tua, jaylen hurts would all be on different teams.
How do you call Patricia/judge a failure when it wa significantly more production than BOB?

How does my logic say no qb improves? My argument is 10 sucks and it was clear very early on.

Another example is Josh Rosen getting dumped for Kyler Murray a year after getting drafted high

And I am not saying it in hindsight, I’ve screamed it from the rooftop all year.

Belichick wanted to trade him, so yes he knew.

It has nothing to do with OC.

Here is the evolution of 10s career.
As a rookie, McDaniels protected him, by limiting his decision making and keeping him from throwing the ball down the field. As the season progress defenses figured this out and started defending him accordingly, and he sucked.
In year 2 at the start of the season they took those chains off and encouraged him to throw the ball down the field. He made numerous poor decisions and bad throws. The offense became more productive when we just started calling a bunch of s teens instead of acting like we had a real qb.
This year BOB ran the offense he wants to run as if he had a real QB, and he failed because he didn’t.

You seem to want to argue as this became obvious we should have ignored it.

3 years and 4-13 later it's easy to act like you knew all along Mac Jones would be bad. i'm just saying the decision to stick with a young QB to see if they develop is not some unprecedented bad decision. its actually fairly common.

in hindsight sure they should've traded him after year 1. but half this board would've had a fit if they traded a rookie QB who just lead them to the playoffs and looked decent (at that time)

its like saying the eagles shouldve traded carson wentz after his mvp season....because surely they would know he would be ass later.

How do you call Patricia/judge a failure when it wa significantly more production than BOB?

How does my logic say no qb improves? My argument is 10 sucks and it was clear very early on.

if you really think patrcia/judge were good OC's after all we know i really have no point to argue with you. and you know saying he was better than BOB is a pure and utter joke. i've been over this before. but worse talent, much tougher SOS, injuries etc. all can have a factor on the productions.

doesn't make Patricia a good OC.

theres a reason the eagles didn't hire patricia as an OC. apparently the media, the analysts, the players (bourne, meyers) no one else saw the genius of the offense patricia ran.

everyone lied when they told us it was a pop warner offense.

It’s looking very likely that if Bill gets a job this off-season he’ll be subservient to a GM (Atlanta, Philly or Dallas) so he’ll have no need for Groh.
Who's saying Groh/Wolf would be GM, could just bring them over as assistants in the personnel department.

Running it back with the same people allows them to use all the scouting stuff done. if it all works out, it was all bill who was the issue. if it doesnt, we clean house of bills men next yr .
They are guranteed to be better next yr with high pick and cap space so its easy to not have a GM.
This whole process was about jonathan kraft wanting bill out. and from all the news reporting it seems mayo played a part in this as curran's insider.
No media outlet talks about jonathan kraft including curran etc .why ?he is their source.
If true Jonathan Kraft deserves great credit for getting rid of the worst GM in the league

The more this debacle develops, the more I realize that Bill B was the scapegoat for a complete organizational malfunction. Yes, Bill was an idiot drafting Lacrosse players, late round draft picks too early, and special teamers who contributed zero to the team. However, let us remember that Krafty Bob cuts the undersized paychecks and signs up yes men to the front office staff, and makes horrendous decisions like signing Mac10, or hiring Mayo with zero coaching experience. No search for GM at all?! Matt Groh is an effing buffoon and should be nowhere next to the steering wheel on this bus. So fire Bill and just keep the rest of these sycophants and incompetents and they think they're going to turn this ship around? This will be an under .500 team for the forseeable future. They need a total houseclaning and all they did was select 1 fall guy for multi level incompetence. Unbelievable. I don't know how Kraft is so successful in business because his personnel decision making with this team sucks ass.
Poor Bill…the fall guy…LOL
Just because he had control over everything in the organization, it really was not his fault. Its all Jonothan Kraft’s fault

So wait. Phill Perry is saying there will be no new GM?

SO WHOS MAKING THE DECISIONS

the Krafts really are cheap. Holy ****. I didn't think it could get worse.

We're entering a Jerruh Jones type of era?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back