PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots GM Search

Kraft is the GM. Kraft has been interfering in the operation of the team and will continue. Why do you think he hired the least experienced HC in NFL history (other than the interim Jeff Saturday joke) who will simply take orders because he has zero credibility to object?
This is completely fabricated. Kraft is not and does not want to be the GM. He gave BB total control

Where going to find out quickly whether Groh and Wolf were held back.

This is completely fabricated. Kraft is not and does not want to be the GM. He gave BB total control
Kraft ran BB out of town and I don’t blame him but whats mind boggling to me is that he seems satisfied with everything else. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he retains BOB as oc and promotes Demarcus Covington to DC.

It honestly doesn't shock me all that much. Alot of the work in terms of scouting has been done. Might as well play this one out with what we have and post draft - implement the changes for the next draft.

Also BB might pluck Groh or Wolf whenever he's hired elsewhere...so it might work itself out that way.

There are many quotes and reports that show Kraft meddled. Belichick has never made a single comment about what constraints he is under and has always been respectful and deferential to Kraft. So those reports and statements are all you will ever get and they speak volumes.
How do you feel about the report that says belichick wanted to trade 10 last off season and Kraft told him he couldn’t and 10 was his qb?

This is a complete joke. Groh has shown himself to be pretty useless. I know less about Wolf but bringing back the entire front office and just dumping Bill seems ridiculous. I thought the Krafts had taken weeks to plan a strategy but it seems like they just wanted Bill out. Ending up with the worst of both worlds - lose your hall of fame coach and still end up with his underachieving front office staff. Anyone feel good with Jonathan Kraft, Matt Groh and Mayo running the draft?
I'll do a wait and see on Mayo, but I do not want Groh calling the shots on talent evaluation, drafting, and acquiring personnel.

Because there's no search.
Eliot Wolf is your next GM. That's what Curran said, and he got everything right from the source.

This is my thinking as well. I think Groh is a Belichick guy, and Wolf’s pedigree is undeniable. He was the one who made the Barmore deal, and that was probably their best draft move in recent years. I think they need the youth in the front office, and I would love to see the Patriots give him the reins.

Kraft is basically saying Bill sucked and everything else was awesome.

He's the one on the line now, no one else can just say it was all Bill every time someone didn't get paid market value or we drafted a bust, if the drafts continue to stink he's going to look ridiculous.

All we need now to complete the stupidity is trying to fix Mac Jones :rofl: :rofl:

Kraft turning into Al Davis, he'll be mandating they draft Harrison to fix Mac.
Maybe Kraft is right? Bill’s arrogance and post Brady judgment were horrible

Kraft ran BB out of town and I don’t blame him but whats mind boggling to me is that he seems satisfied with everything else. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he retains BOB as oc and promotes Demarcus Covington to DC.
Bill deserved to be run out of town. Good decision.

I'll do a wait and see on Mayo, but I do not want Groh calling the shots on talent evaluation, drafting, and acquiring personnel.

I think Mayo gives them the best blend of change and continuity. The defense is good, and they can’t afford to take a step back in any area, so that helps the transition. But he’s also a young HC who can bring in fresh blood on the coaching staff, and relate to players in ways Belichick couldn’t. This makes them a much more interesting team going forward, I’m really looking forward to the moves they make this offseason, and watching it play out next season.

I think bb shipped Myers out because he criticized Patricia and the offense

I don’t know about that, my understanding was that Bourne was the one Patricia had the biggest issue with, and Belichick praised him up and down.

I don’t know about that, my understanding was that Bourne was the one Patricia had the biggest issue with, and Belichick praised him up and down.
I heard that Meyers and Hoyer were very critical of Fatt Mat thus were exiled

Last edited:
It honestly doesn't shock me all that much. Alot of the work in terms of scouting has been done. Might as well play this one out with what we have and post draft - implement the changes for the next draft.

Also BB might pluck Groh or Wolf whenever he's hired elsewhere...so it might work itself out that way.
It’s looking very likely that if Bill gets a job this off-season he’ll be subservient to a GM (Atlanta, Philly or Dallas) so he’ll have no need for Groh.

If a toxic GM/coach with total powers needs to be dismissed who else but Kraft could do it. He fired someone who needed to be fired Exactly as he should have

I heard that Meyers and Hoyer were very critical of Fat Mat thus were exiled
Bourne and Hoyer were familiar with the Shanahan system and quickly realized Patricia and Judge were in way over their head trying to implement it with the Pats.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back