PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots GM Search

Why do you think he hired the least experienced HC in NFL history
Just because you believe it doesn't make it true. Mayo has as much experience coaching as Demeco Ryans did before he got hired last year.

This is a complete joke. Groh has shown himself to be pretty useless. I know less about Wolf but bringing back the entire front office and just dumping Bill seems ridiculous. I thought the Krafts had taken weeks to plan a strategy but it seems like they just wanted Bill out. Ending up with the worst of both worlds - lose your hall of fame coach and still end up with his underachieving front office staff. Anyone feel good with Jonathan Kraft, Matt Groh and Mayo running the draft?

Kraft is basically saying Bill sucked and everything else was awesome.

He's the one on the line now, no one else can just say it was all Bill every time someone didn't get paid market value or we drafted a bust, if the drafts continue to stink he's going to look ridiculous.

All we need now to complete the stupidity is trying to fix Mac Jones :rofl: :rofl:

Kraft turning into Al Davis, he'll be mandating they draft Harrison to fix Mac.

Why are people mad at this non move, wasn’t it Bill making the picks after all?

Just because you believe it doesn't make it true. Mayo has as much experience coaching as Demeco Ryans did before he got hired last year.
While admittedly I didn’t research every hc ever and there may in fact have been one with less experience that I didn’t think of, no, you are wrong.
Mayo has been an asst coach for 5 years.

Ryans had 6 years experience, 2 as DC. Thr first year he was DC his defenses ranked 9th in points and 3rd in yards and in his second year they were #1 in both.

unless the media types are lying. the scouts wanted aj brown/deebo and Bill picked harry instead....no one is saying the scouts pick the players.

they are saying Bill picked the wrong ones. unless you think taking special teams players in the 2nd round etc. were all Scouts giving Bill bad information.
Caserio and scouts were adamant about Brown, even Brown has said he was certain Patriots were picking him which tells me he had gotten word that scouts were high on him and Pats were showing the most interest. His agent probably heard Pats scouts had him #1 on their board or something but Bill decided to listen to Todd Graham who coached at Arizona St. Meanwhile Caserio moves on and picks guys like Nico Collins and Tank Dell in the 3rd round. Belichick takes Thornton over Pickens.

Whatever the titles- HC, GM, VP of Football operations. Someone has to have the final say. Someone has to have final say on contracts, the 90 man roster, the 53 and the game day roster.

Given Mayo was hired first and now this report that no outside GM is being hired, it appears as if the final say on football matters, at least for now, will remain with the HC just as it has for the last 24 years.

Kraft has talked about a “cooperative “ process not a process of shared power. Mayo will be in charge, make the decisions based on the opinions and advice of Groh, Wolf and Stewart etc. Those guys will be accountable to Mayo. Mayo will be responsible for the results.

Kraft is basically saying Bill sucked and everything else was awesome.

He's the one on the line now, no one else can just say it was all Bill every time someone didn't get paid market value or we drafted a bust, if the drafts continue to stink he's going to look ridiculous.

All we need now to complete the stupidity is trying to fix Mac Jones :rofl: :rofl:

Kraft turning into Al Davis, he'll be mandating they draft Harrison to fix Mac.
This is going to be interesting to me.

There is such an assumption that everything belichick did was his decision and he received everything he asked from ownership.
We will learn going forward how true that is.

For example:
There is a belief that Belichick doesn’t believe in paying top dollar for top players. That “paying the middle class” is more important. But no one knows if this is BBs philosophy or BBs philosophy under the constraints Kraft gave him. We historically have spent less cash than most teams. You can spend 10 mill in cap space by signing a guy to a 5 year deal for 70 mill with a 40 mill
Sb, or by signing a guy for 1 year and 10 mill or anywhere in between. The first is a huge cash spending (and assumingly a much better player) the second has the same cap hit.

It’s going to be interesting going forward to see whether belichick was executing exactly what he wanted to do, or was making the best of the resources Kraft limited him to.

Like Kraft has said, he’s loyal to a fault.

but we know Bill had the final say. and chose poorly. do you think kraft is clueless about what is going on in his organization? when he says we need "checks and balances". that he is just assuming bill overruled his scouts/personnel people?

Would not at all surprise me if Kraft has watched over the last few years stuff like this in the draft room

Scouts suggest trading up 2 spots to take Justin Jefferson- Bill decides to trade out of the 1st round

Scouts suggest taking AJ Brown, Bill takes Harry

Scouts suggest George Pickens, Bill takes Tyquan Thornton

and then the team goes thru a 4-13 season because the offense is ****

Exactly. They need to get that pick right. If the team stinks in 2024 and onward because the guy picked at #3 stinks, the GM will be tied to that even though he wasn’t even here to make that pick. This is either bunk reporting or the selection is already made in house.
Don Sweeney agrees with this.

So I'm wondering if QB or MHJ is as much of a lock as we think or keeping the same brain trust here means they're going to draft the exact same way. Meaning either a trade down or best tackle on the board

So I'm wondering if QB or MHJ is as much of a lock as we think or keeping the same brain trust here means they're going to draft the exact same way. Meaning either a trade down or best tackle on the board
IMHO QB is top priority. We don’t have one & it’s the most important position in sports. The top “projected 3” are all extremely talented/dynamic prospects.

Kraft reportedly denied belichicks wish to trade away 10 before this year, so bendover Bob may be reinstalling 10 as the franchise qb. Imagine if he picks up the 5th year option?

Jfc.. how about this Bob...

You just cover my reg salary (should be peanuts for you, just $250 an hour) and I will do the GM duties...

First order of business so you don't have to take the heat, firing Groh and Wolf...

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back